JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ministry friends

On 1/26/2024 at 5:29 PM, Sheep said:

Me too!

There are plenty of Brits on the forums here. Just look around at the profiles of those who post comments, particularly where they are located. You'll find a few from the UK.

Yes, true, but some of us are imports from other countries. I'm actually American.

A lot of my friends love my husband's accent and he's a Lancashire lad. I find the northern accent to a little different from the typical British accent that Americans equate with Classiness. I like it, though, because Northerners are very warm.

Fauzia, we probably need to have an audio file with these different accents from around the world. It would be great to be able to share ministry across the world. Thanks to our language app, we can now all speak in tongues😄

Most countries have what are called regional accents. Down here in the UK area of south of England we have less colour in our language that those who live in the North. The Scots and the Welsh also have interesting accents. More important though, I guess, is using our accents to speak truth.

Welcome to JW Talk

Yh this is a very good idea. Let me crack this joke So I have this goal of going to SKE . and I told my mum . Maama this is my goal but first am gonna search for a British companion because I love the accent My mum said you have a looong way to go dream dream on 😂😂😂. You don't even a visit visa😂😂😂i said ok then paradise free visa maybe even by foot

Edited by Fauzia

On 1/26/2024 at 12:21 AM, Fauzia said:

I really love the British accent

Speaking of which… Back at the time when Neeta and Jade were introduced to us in the 2020 Convention, I learned that there are actually lots and lots of accents in the UK. So you need to specify which accent you are attracted to. To find out, try out this video.

WOWW! There are so many British accents that I can't even understand!

By the way, I also learned that Neeta and Jade speak with the "Essex" accent, generally found around the area of Chelmsford where the British branch is.

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Speaking of which… Back at the time when Neeta and Jade were introduced to us in the 2020 Convention, I learned that there are actually lots and lots of accents in the UK. So you need to specify which accent you are attracted to. To find out, try out this video.

WOWW! There are so many British accents that I can't even understand!

By the way, I also learned that Neeta and Jade speak with the "Essex" accent, generally found around the area of Chelmsford where the British branch is.

There’s lots of accents just in England, never mind wales and Scotland too. Some very different from others.