JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Single and Searching

If you are single and searching, what are you looking for from a mate? Be real you never can tell who will be interested. Singleness affords a special opportunity to “widen out” in love. 2 Corinthians 6:11-13.

Personally I would love see more single brothers and sisters interact with each other. Not to seek a mate but to be completely comfortable around the opposite gender. Too often when a single person receives compliment from the opposite gender it’s taken as the person must be interested when actually they’re just being nice. Might be nice to as a group to start a conversation about study article 21 & 22 😊

2 hours ago, Ishaya said:

I'm not single,I'm I allowed to participate?🤗

We will have love you to but we  need all the singles to interact freely 😀

Edited by Asele

Surely we need all of the brothers and sisters to interact freely, regardless of age, and circumstance. It is best to keep in mind the overriding purpose of this forum, In harmony with John 13:34,35.

None of the threads on this forum are exclusive, they are all inclusive and serve to benefit everyone.

Edited by Mike047

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 4:01 PM, Asele said:

If you are single and searching, what are you looking for from a mate?

1. Must love Jehovah more than anyone else, including me
  2. Qualities like humility, honesty, loyalty...

Well, actually if #1 is there, #2 is likely also to be expected.

An involuntary single

(not searching for the time being)

Chrissy :wave:

I'm a s Single sister searching (SSS). 

• Have to love Jah more than himself and anyone else
  • Have to keep up with me or do more spiritually,  i don't like to be stagnant spiritually.
  • We have to want somewhat similar goals
  • He has to want to be a proper head. Never liked the idea of seeing married sisters forced into "spiritual" singleness because their husbands won't do the regular basics (family worship, field service, meetings)

1 hour ago, Robinson said:

He has to want to be a proper head. Never liked the idea of seeing married sisters forced into "spiritual" singleness because their husbands won't do the regular basics (family worship, field service, meetings)

I have definitely been there! My ex-husband was very zealous in the ministry very helpful around the congregation, but would not study with his family, nor pray with us. I hated it. And when I would try to study with the kids, he would accuse me of trying to undermine his headship. An elder had to take me aside and told me privately to continue to study with our kids, but I didn’t like that he did it privately he should’ve said it in front of my ex-husband .