JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dozens of Major Bridges Lack Shields to Block Wayward Ships

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/04/06/us/bridge-collapse-protections-baltimore.html?unlocked_article_code=1.ik0.wQlz.SlJflvsMYizS&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare&fbclid=IwAR013OkeszHbX-nb84FcnNGeeD4d2ssCHfxewqVM4bzZwqwtPFp-K43JwiM

Interesting article about the bridges in the United States that are at risk of being taken out by a ship or damaged severely including the Lewis & Clark Bridge that is connects our part of Oregon to Washington State. Just yesterday I saw a vehicle ship come very close to the support pillar. I have seen two ships go under the area at the same time, so I am not sure why the captain chose to come so close. The first photo is from yesterday, the second from a couple weeks ago before the bridge in Baltimore was hit. If you look closely the bridge has no protection from ships bumping into it.  The last photo is the Astoria Megler Bridge, as you can see it has some protection around the base of the support. The Astoria Megler bridge is where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean, also known as the Graveyard of the Pacific due to it's dangerous conditions. 

DSC_0891 seven seas near bridge support.jpg

DSC_0765 PAC AGENA GRAND PACE under lcb.jpg

289 Astoria Megler bridge (1).JPG

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

This reminds me of something that always irked me about the news following 9/11. It was always "Hey here's a place that would wreak havoc if terrorists attacked it. Hey lets advertise it on the 10 o'clock news so that everyone including Al Quaida members can see it." I mean, in hindsight, hardly any of these places were attacked, but it just seemed so reckless to me. I don't believe the ship hitting the Baltimore bridge was intentional, but the news should stop giving people who hate America ideas. I mean America is doing a good enough job of ruining itself right now. It doesn't need help.

2 hours ago, Katty said:

This reminds me of something that always irked me about the news following 9/11. It was always "Hey here's a place that would wreak havoc if terrorists attacked it. Hey lets advertise it on the 10 o'clock news so that everyone including Al Quaida members can see it." I mean, in hindsight, hardly any of these places were attacked, but it just seemed so reckless to me. I don't believe the ship hitting the Baltimore bridge was intentional, but the news should stop giving people who hate America ideas. I mean America is doing a good enough job of ruining itself right now. It doesn't need help.

It is not just America, the whole world is screwing itself up. Jeremiah 10:23