JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

If, in the new system of things, we were each given a half acre to develop for our choice of planting, apart from e general purpose of bringing about a global paradise. What would you do with your half acre? what might it look like?

My thoughts include a section for fruits, another for veg, or maybe a garden of simple beauty:

image.png.77649685fad0b07180876f3f6f02c9c3.png

or:

image.png.d4b4ad60aae7a08ff1ce0cff3546ae33.png

How might yours look?

I like curved lines and a mix of flowers and veggies. Also, I would incorporate height with arbors and tunnels that vines can grow over. 

Here are a couple examples of possibilities. 
One is more your typical backyard with a vegetable garden design. 
The other is more homestead style. 

I think lots will depend on where we end up living. 

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3080.jpeg

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

It would be a small vegetable garden and an orchard as far as the eye can see: orange grove, lemon grove, cherry grove, olive grove...a fruit colony. 

I would like the ocean not to be very far away, that would give the fruit a special taste.

Just now, BLEmom said:

J'aime les lignes courbes et le mélange de fleurs et de légumes. De plus, j'incorporerais de la hauteur avec des tonnelles et des tunnels sur lesquels les vignes peuvent pousser. 

Voici quelques exemples de possibilités. 
L’une est plutôt votre arrière-cour typique avec un design de potager. 
L’autre est plus de style ferme. 

Je pense que beaucoup dépendra de l’endroit où nous finirons par vivre. 

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3080.jpeg

I love it

I had a site called crayion.com create a "home with a 1/2 acre food garden surrounding the home". Here is what was created. Now as far as what it would include? A little bit of everything. Since I want to live a climate where it would get very cold (Sheridan, Wyoming area of the state) I would have to build a small greenhouse. 

Collage one half acre home.jpg

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

Posted (edited)

Dall-E 3 created these images with the same suggestion. I like all 4, the one with the stone path is my favorite design. On a side note, I found out that half an acre is 21,780 square feet  or approximately half the size of a football field!

Collage Dall E 3 edit.jpg

Edited by DancesWithWife

Added a comment to my post.

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

On YouTube, there is a Chinese woman called LIZIQI that I follow. Her videos are AMAZING…..some real New System vibes…. they are so relaxing to watch, the music, the cinematography, is excellent! I really recommend them! She shows how she grows foods, and fruits, harvests them, and then cook some at the end for a meal with her family. These videos give me lots of ideas for the new system! Enjoy!

Here is one video:

https://youtu.be/OSX3ik9Z4X8?si=JJyfyyn49tfg1tMY

We live not far from a place called Exbury Gardens, and it certainly gives a gardener much food for thought. There are many public gardens near here, with vegetable, fruit orchards and botanical delights. They give great ideas for whatever, but we await what Jehovah puts into our hearts to make his earth a real paradise.

Of course, whatever  garden we tend, we realise that we are simply caring for it, and not really owning it. The whole earth will be a home for everyone to delight in.

At one time I remember the brothers designing rooftops with greenery. I'm not sure which construction project it was. But I thought what a splendid use of space. So I'd love to have a rooftop garden that I can climb up to and see across fields and then have a garden area below. I can double my yield that way. Lol 😆 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini