JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Proof of Bible story about angels killing 185,000 soldiers in a night is uncovered after 2,700 years

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13530311/amp/Ancient-military-camp-mentioned-Bible-discovered-Jerusalem.html

Something to definitely pay attention to as this unfolds? I guess I don't know. But that's pretty significant.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

5 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

I don't need proof of what is in the Bible.  The proof is in the Bible record.  It is interesting to see secular evidence that agrees with the Bible record, but it is not required.

True, but good to show appreciation for information put up by our brothers and sisters that corroborates scriptural accounts. Whilst we don't need it, it may help those having a study, and others,  to see non-witness evidence of such matters.

Not only that, as the GT approaches this gives us even more faith that Jehovah will protect us now as He did in the past towards those that are loyal to Him.

I find that if this is so, it bolsters my faith even more so in view of what is happening on the world scene today.  I truly believe the scriptures, always have.  But, how exciting to see Jehovah's hand in behalf of his loyal ones.

1 hour ago, Abigail said:

Are there any more reliable sources? The Daily Mail does not have a good reputation in the UK!

Here is another link sis!

https://nypost.com/2024/06/16/lifestyle/clues-of-bloody-biblical-battle-between-angel-of-god-and-assyrian-soldiers-uncovered/

Researchers in Jerusalem have uncovered an ancient military base that may provide clues of a battle ground for God's army against Assyrian soldiers who came to conquer the Holy Land around 2,700 years ago.Heritage Images via Getty Images

A newly discovered archaeological site may provide evidence of Biblical truth.

Researchers in Jerusalem have uncovered an ancient military base that may provide clues of a battle ground for God’s army against Assyrian soldiers who came to conquer the Holy Land around 2,700 years ago, per a Sunday report in the Daily Mail.

As the Bible story goes, an angel of the Lord is said to have descended on the invading troops and killed 185,000 soldiers in a night.

Edited by Tia

Posted (edited)

Honestly, if this is true, this is pretty significant for the world secularly. Because Atheism goes right down the drain. As well as Evolution. Actually every non-Christian religion goes down the drain I think. Proving angel(s) exists proves a singular God exists. This would then prove the Bible's authenticity for a lot of people.

I love these kinds of things. It should bolster our faith! Because we know something not even preached or taught at church.

Edited by chuck83

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

On 6/17/2024 at 5:43 AM, Mike047 said:

True, but good to show appreciation for information put up by our brothers and sisters that corroborates scriptural accounts. Whilst we don't need it, it may help those having a study, and others,  to see non-witness evidence of such matters.

I didn't say I didn't appreciate their work.  I think that such evidence is interesting and I enjoy reading it.  I do make a distinction between evidence and proof.  I like to see evidence but all the proof I need is in the Bible record.  I agree that Bible studies make look at such evidence and think of it as proof.  

I have watched the documentary "Patterns of Evidence" a few dozen times.  This documentary shows evidence for the descendants of Jacob whoo were in Israel.  It even comes much closer to the Bible date for the Exodus than the date given by secular historians which is about 300 years too late.