JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trialling NWS / NW Publisher - Cong ID

Hi All

I have downloaded a trial version of NWS - i am trying to find the Congregation ID so that i can sign up on my phone to NW Publisher. I cannot find it anywhere and the HELP section on NWS website doesnt seem to tie up to what i am seeing on the program

Screenshot 2024-06-23 19.43.52.png

Andrew, to trial NW Scheduler you need to create a sample congregation. That will create a congregation ID and everything you need. You cannot test NW Publisher until you have created a congregation, otherwise which congregation would it connect to?

If you are not importing it from another software nor restoring a backup, you will have to create it from zero. I would enter the right information (congregation name, language, location, a handful of publishers and so on) so that in case you decide to pay for NW Scheduler you won't have to do everything again.

5 hours ago, carlos said:

Andrew, to trial NW Scheduler you need to create a sample congregation. That will create a congregation ID and everything you need. You cannot test NW Publisher until you have created a congregation, otherwise which congregation would it connect to?

If you are not importing it from another software nor restoring a backup, you will have to create it from zero. I would enter the right information (congregation name, language, location, a handful of publishers and so on) so that in case you decide to pay for NW Scheduler you won't have to do everything again.

Thank you

I have entered just one congregation member at the moment. However I cannot seem to get that person to have a publisher id. I've refreshed the publisher in the app settings etc but the id section is still blank. 

I've given up for now and will try again tonight. 

4 hours ago, AndyCase said:

I have entered just one congregation member at the moment. However I cannot seem to get that person to have a publisher id. I've refreshed the publisher in the app settings etc but the id section is still blank.

On NW Scheduler if you click on the smartphone icon, then App Persons it will show all available publishers with their PIN number.

If your publisher doesn't appear there, I would have a look at their settings. Go to Persons > Spiritual and make sure he's marked as a publisher. This is unlikely, but in Information make sure he doesn't have the Disable access to app box marked. You could try adding a second publisher from scratch.

I am translating from my language to English, so some tag texts might not be literal. :innocent:

8 hours ago, carlos said:

On NW Scheduler if you click on the smartphone icon, then App Persons it will show all available publishers with their PIN number.

If your publisher doesn't appear there, I would have a look at their settings. Go to Persons > Spiritual and make sure he's marked as a publisher. This is unlikely, but in Information make sure he doesn't have the Disable access to app box marked. You could try adding a second publisher from scratch.

I am translating from my language to English, so some tag texts might not be literal. :innocent:

Thanks
What ive done is export from hourglass all our data and import it to NWS. That way i have plenty of data to play with. 
The problem i have now is that under the Connect NW Publisher app section i have the congregation ID number. The software gave me a Congregation PIN which i very carefully made a note of. But when i enter it it says that the code is incorrect. 
I know for a fact it is the same one that it gave me

But there is nowhere to reset the code because i havent been able to connect yet. How do i get a new Cong Pin?

Screenshot 2024-06-24 18.28.50.png