JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is the Illuminati?

I found out a few things on them and I included hyperlinks to the source of this information. You can find more on the internet.

The Illuminati was a secret society in Bavaria in the late 18th century. They had a political agenda that included republicanism and abolition of monarchies, which they tried to institute by means of subterfuge, secrecy, and conspiracy, including the infiltration of other organizations. They fancied themselves to be "enlightened" but they had little success and were destroyed within fifteen years of their origin (Pipes 1997).

Paranoid conspiracy theorists (PCTs) believe the Illuminati cabal still exists, either in its original form or as a paradigm for later cabals. Many PCTs believe "that large Jewish banking families have been orchestrating various political revolutions and machinations throughout Europe and America since the late eighteenth century, with the ultimate aim of bringing about a satanic New World Order." (The Skeptics Dictionary)

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened" ) is a name given to several groups, both real (historical) and fictitious. Historically the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. In more modern contexts the name refers to a purported conspiratorial organization which is alleged to mastermind events and control world affairs through governments and corporations to establish a New World Order. In this context the Illuminati are usually represented as a modern version or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. (Wikipedia)

Thanks Leann those links were really helpful! My mother and aunt called me about this today, they have only just heard about this so called group of people and were wondering if I had anymore information, all I could gather from doing a quick google search was they are trying to take over the world and have the governments under their control? LOL or something to that effect.

Thanks again(tu)

Thanks Leann those links were really helpful! My mother and aunt called me about this today, they have only just heard about this so called group of people and were wondering if I had anymore information, all I could gather from doing a quick google search was they are trying to take over the world and have the governments under their control? LOL or something to that effect.

Thanks again(tu)

You can read the work of an Illumanti conspiracy theorist in the main forum right now.

If you want to read about a group that a 21st centruy incarnation of a "secret" organization that has a big time republican agenda, read about Blackwater. Thats a scary and powerful organization, and very much real.

Or Google "eight families " many PCT believe 8 families control all or most of the worlds wealth / banks. Some even connect the illuminati with the 8 families and the Masons

True or not - Jehovah's Kingdom is about to replace them. There isn't anything we can do about the meanwhile. I try to only concern myself with things I have some influence on and they aren't on that list ;)

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

True or not - Jehovah's Kingdom is about to replace them. There isn't anything we can do about the meanwhile. I try to only concern myself with things I have some influence on and they aren't on that list

Well said Jerry!

:)-D

True or not - Jehovah's Kingdom is about to replace them. There isn't anything we can do about the meanwhile. I try to only concern myself with things I have some influence on and they aren't on that list ;)

So true brother Jerry! There are SO many organisations out there I wouldn't know where to start if I was to worry about all of them.

My aunty from her teen years knew the truth when my grandparents started to study but was never baptised herself, about 18 months ago her and her fiance began a bible study, she is now 47 years old (better late than never huh?! ) and her study conductor made mention of the Illuminati and how it could trigger off the beginning of the great tribulation. I guess she is still "new" in the truth and it really spooked her when she watched a video on youtube and they were saying stuff like all the McDonald's restaurants are even involved and they are poisoning our water to slowly kill us all off and there are planes flying over us spraying poisons over us but we don't notice it because it's in such small amounts at a time, I was like :perplexed: huh? She then called my mum who also knows the truth but was never baptised due to my father's severe persecution so it scared her too, hence my question! I did remind them both that "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one" and we need to trust in Jehovah. :)

Oh thanks also Simon for directing me to the topic in the main forum, lots of info there(tu)