JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Preserving Time!

I am up to my elbows in peaches,greenbeans,cabbage,carrots and green peppers....so I am freezing then today.Most I blanch and bag

but heres what I'm doing with my peaches.

Frozen Peaches

How to freeze peaches!

Let whole, unblemished peaches ripen - dead ripe.

2. Arrange whole peaches on a cookie sheet and place in freezer.

3. After peaches have frozen solid; place them in a plastic bag.

4. When you are ready to use, removed the desired number of peaches from the bag, run cold water over frozen peach and slip off the skin.

5. Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.

6. Slice peaches to use as you desire for cereal toppings, pies or cobbler, ice cream, or simply slice them, add a little sugar if needed and enjoy.

Peaches frozen this way taste just like peaches picked fresh from the tree. IF IN DOUBT, TRY A FEW! You will never freeze peaches any other way again.

That's awesome Nancy, I would like to give that a go when the seasons hit. with the fruits. Can you do that also with mango or other fruits?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

That's awesome Nancy' date=' I would like to give that a go when the seasons hit. with the fruits. Can you do that also with mango or other fruits?[/quote'] I would try one of each and see if it works....here we have elderberries in season for picking...they have little stick type stems,difficult to remove...if you put the whole bunch of them in a brown paper bag,freeze then take out and shake the berries fall right off into the bowl...which is awesome....you can then make jam,pies,wine so many things and they grow wild here. You have them also in Australia,I looked them up but they get ripe in Mar/April where you are . I am going elderberry hunting this morning before the meeting . Here's what they look like.

123608=6865-fruit_elderberry__55976.jpg

They look yum. Yes I have had the elderberries. I can buy them frozen in a mixed wildberry. I love adding them to yogurht and smoothies. I have tasted them in some herbal teas.

Thanks Nancy.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

They look yum. Yes I have had the elderberries. I can buy them frozen in a mixed wildberry. I love adding them to yogurht and smoothies. I have tasted them in some herbal teas.

Thanks Nancy.

I found a small bunch of elderberries but alot of crabapples,my husband climbed in the brush and picked them for me....I was spying them he was picking them...so I will make elderberry/crabapple jelly that way the apples have all the pectin I need for the jelly to set.