JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Death of Neil Armstrong

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4243 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Interesting that you should mention mythology with the recent olympics The opening ceronmy was to light the cauldron to keep the flame burning. If it goes out it no longer has that Gods blessing which is a demon. In was in honor of the Prometheus who stole the fire from Zesu (Satan) In greek mythology there is the whole story of the flood,nothing to do with the Bible version just google Proetheus

This where the first olympic games come from a demon. I watched parts of the opening ceronmy when I come to think about it what did Jehovah think.

17-19 God gave these four young men knowledge and skill in both books and life. In addition, Daniel was gifted in understanding all sorts of visions and dreams. At the end of the time set by the king for their training, the head of the royal staff brought them in to Nebuchadnezzar. When the king interviewed them, he found them far superior to all the other young men. None were a match for Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah.

19-20 And so they took their place in the king's service. Whenever the king consulted them on anything, on books or on life, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his kingdom put together.

sorry I probably haven't done the quote bit right with the pretty blue sorry I could be wrong in my understanding but if Daniel and 3 didn't eat the delicacies of the King like pork etc and it meant their death surely they would have refused to learn the magical arts. The visions would have come from Jehovah. It also says he was a tyer of knots but I never read he was taught the magical arts.

Totally digressing here just a random thought they were so smart just eating veggies. Says something for Jerrys burgers and Mountain dew.

The brothers doing research for the many variety of articles that are presented for our protection and benefit must know what they are talking about. As 'researchers' they read many different types of things specifically to know. How can they tell us what the Apocrypha books say without first reading them? How can they tell us what therapies are current without reading books on medicine, science, philosophy, self-help books? They must know the facts.

Daniel would have to know all about the Babylonian religion and culture to be in such a high official governmental position. He researched for his role. But, like the brothers doing research for us, they do not practice the junk they find, they serve Jehovah. Yes, Daniel and his three companions were also thrown in with the rest of the magic practicing priests or Chaldeans otherwise they would not have been threatened with death at not being able to interpret the King's dream. And yes, Jehovah had inspired the dream AND the interpretation Daniel gave... but he surely must have had information about things other than just the truth.

Today we are taught mythology in school as well as evolution. We do not believe it or teach it but we know what stupid ones in the world think. Why? Because knowledge is power and because we want to be able to help them unlearn the lies Satan promotes. We know many lies like the trinity. I know all about it. We have a brochure just about that lie as well as the truth about why it is a lie, for helping right-hearted ones uncover the lie as well as reveal the truth.

Bedtime stories were Hansel and Gretel, the wizard of Oz with the wicked witch .off course many other but these stories as nursery rhyme I feel provide roots something handed down generation after generation merely as a story.

Yes, pagan and hideous roots that I surely never handed down to my children. I refused to allow that stuff to be viewed or read in my house. IF some weird thing was watched in another room, guess who was bothered that night by the demons? ME! Not my rebellious teenaged daughter who brought home a 'story' of vampires written by a co-worker and then I was attacked! Even something like Bewitched was off limits.

You mentioned before Star-trek although they have an underlying moral issues. I haven't found anything demonic I am very interested in knowing your thoughts. on the subject

I feel is purely fantasy just other species on other planets :imagination.

The original Star Trek TV show was rather campy. I mean "The Trouble With Tribbles" was about William Shatner's toupe!!!! One episode showed large headed aliens who controlled others with their big minds. Often there was a lot of taking over minds and violence by big bullies. But, The Next Generation was absolutely demonic. One woman was psychic, one guy 'Q' I think, was a wicked one with immortality who tormented people (hello a demon with a wish to be like God), and I remember how some aliens possessed humans taking them over. That is just the beginning of what makes my skin crawl.

I steer clear of this type of thing because I have been so bothered. I am more fearful and just ignore stuff that has been iffy in the past. I know many brothers (males) who see nothing wrong with this type of thing. And I know that many more sisters who have been plagued by demons and may not be believed by males because they have the attitude 'Well the demons never bother me.' Unless it is personal most people take no real notice. We all must stand before Jehovah doing our very best.

know many brothers (males) who see nothing wrong with this type of thing. And I know that many more sisters who have been plagued by demons .

Not that I have ever had a demon attack but when you are out in F/s sometimes you get this creepy hairs standing on end feeling when you are about to go into a house sometimes the sister I am with feels the same way .

Sometimes I don't feel anything and they do.

A brother never gets that creepy feeling. It has always been that the house holder was into witchcraft.

I am really concerned over a family member since your posts I have been doing research into the origins of things. What is of deep concern is Naruto Manga as far as I am concerned it is totally demonic a nine-tailed fox (demon) inhabits this boy .

I will not go into the details of it as I haven't watch very much of it.

There are certain signs they use I don't know what they mean but I feel it is not good.They have even bought Naruto jackets with these signs

I have tried in vain to reason show scriptures you can't come to the table of Demons and Jehovah keep your eyes from anything bad other scriptures.

They say it is just a monster and they like the story line and it is their conscience

Having been bought up in the truth with Parents who were strict we couldn't even watch any movie with a gun in it, whether it was used or not.

I try to be open minded and respectful of other consciences especially when it comes to entertainment.

It is a blessing not knowing the dark things of Satan but I feel some of the young are heading towards the dark and not knowing it it is really troubling me especially with Naruto and Bleach.

In all other ways these kids are good and try to do the best for Jehovah and the congregation.

Please can you help? What else can I say.

know many brothers (males) who see nothing wrong with this type of thing. And I know that many more sisters who have been plagued by demons .

Not that I have ever had a demon attack but when you are out in F/s sometimes you get this creepy hairs standing on end feeling when you are about to go into a house sometimes the sister I am with feels the same way .

Sometimes I don't feel anything and they do.

A brother never gets that creepy feeling. It has always been that the house holder was into witchcraft.

I am really concerned over a family member since your posts I have been doing research into the origins of things. What is of deep concern is Naruto Manga as far as I am concerned it is totally demonic a nine-tailed fox (demon) inhabits this boy .

I will not go into the details of it as I haven't watch very much of it.

There are certain signs they use I don't know what they mean but I feel it is not good.They have even bought Naruto jackets with these signs

I have tried in vain to reason show scriptures you can't come to the table of Demons and Jehovah keep your eyes from anything bad other scriptures.

They say it is just a monster and they like the story line and it is their conscience

Having been bought up in the truth with Parents who were strict we couldn't even watch any movie with a gun in it, whether it was used or not.

I try to be open minded and respectful of other consciences especially when it comes to entertainment.

It is a blessing not knowing the dark things of Satan but I feel some of the young are heading towards the dark and not knowing it it is really troubling me especially with Naruto and Bleach.

In all other ways these kids are good and try to do the best for Jehovah and the congregation.

Please can you help? What else can I say.

Satan is the Master of Disguise. I am very aware of Japanese animation. I was hooked on them for decades. Once the truth became ingrained in my heart, I stopped. Eventhough the animation some or all deal with good versus evil, it still represents a form of spiritism. We have to be careful and watch subtle influences that pop up. Satan always keeps on transforming into the angel of light whether be in kids cartoons or adult programming. It's tough sometimes. But as a parent, you have to set the standard according to Jehovah's heart and make sure that your not deviating from it.