JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Death of Neil Armstrong

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4243 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/25/john-glenn-neil-armstrong_n_1830545.html

I always wonder about what he said in this interview

http://coupmedia.org/seti/apollo-18-cover-up-true-story-3108

A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium.

Professor: What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?

Armstrong: It was incredible, of course we had always known there was a possibility, the fact is, we were warned off! (by the Aliens). There was never any question then of a space station or a moon city.

Professor: How do you mean "warned off"?

Armstrong: I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology - Boy, were they big!... and menacing! No, there is no question of a space station.

Professor: But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?

Armstrong: Naturally-NASA was committed at that time, and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a quick scoop and back again.

Armstrong confirmed that the story was true but refused to go into further detail, beyond admitting that the CIA was behind the cover-up.

So sad. He did achieve something extradonary,, I have heard of him. Dad has used his example of walking on the Moon in some of his talks. Evidence of God and the world around us. He was a brave man.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

You know, we do not know fully the power of the demons or their affect on the minds of the unbelievers. However, we do know that Satan blinds their minds, so there's no telling how much (if any) influence the demons have on any people who "swear" they've seen something, aliens or otherwise.

Why couldn't there be aliens? The universe is so vast, and so big. I just don't see Jehovah creating all those stars, planets, and galaxies, just to "fill space". Why couldn't it be feasible for Jehovah to create aliens?

The Bible clearly shows that Jehovah created different ranks of Extraterrestrial life, Angels: Seraphs, Cherubs, angelic messengers and an Archangel. Just as they walked on earth at different times, maybe they walk or do flybys of other planets as well. In time we will know all things Jehovah wants us to know.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

In addition, according to Bible record, angels with Jehovah's favor did not interact or identify themselves with humans on their own. Only demons seem to do that. Whenever angels took it upon themselves to interact with humans, it appears to have resulted in Jehovah's disapproval. All of this, of course, is speculation, which is usually not a good thing. What we need to know, Jehovah has always made sure we know. We'll have to just wait and see regarding answers to some of these other questions.

There is no aliens (physical self concious creature).

Because of what happened in Eden.

I like your thinking David. :)

Here's something from an Awake article:

What About Life on Other Planets?

Some influential religious figures have insisted that God would not create any world without purpose and that all habitable worlds must therefore be inhabited. Is that what the Bible says? No. The Bible indicates that it is very unlikely that God at this point has created intelligent physical creatures on any planets other than our own. How so?

If God did create such beings, he did so before he created Adam and Eve. Such beings either remained faithful to their Creator, or like Adam and Eve, they sinned and fell into imperfection.

But if they became imperfect, they needed a redeemer. As one essayist put it: “One has this dreadful thought that on Friday [the day Jesus Christ was executed], every Friday, somewhere in the universe Jesus is being hanged high for someone’s sins.” But that is not Scriptural. The Bible tells us that Jesus “died with reference to sin once for all time.”—Romans 6:10.

What if these beings had remained perfect? Well, when Adam and Eve sinned, they were, in effect, questioning God’s right to rule over a world of intelligent physical beings. If another planet existed at that time, a world full of intelligent physical beings who were living harmoniously and loyally under God’s rule, would they not have been called in as witnesses to testify that God’s rule does indeed work? This conclusion seems inescapable, since he has already used even imperfect humans as witnesses in his behalf on that very issue.—Isaiah 43:10.

Does that mean, then, that God created all those countless millions of suns (and planets if they exist) for no purpose? Not at all. While we know, considering the uniqueness of Jesus Christ, that the earth is the only inhabited planet in the universe right now, and while we know, too, that it will forever stand unique as the planet where the Creator vindicated the rightfulness of his rulership, what the future holds we do not know.

Sounds like Neil Armstrong ate some poisoned "moon mushrooms" up there! So farfetched!!

walkr2

God’s written Word is our divinely given guide to the truth. Regarding it, Jesus Christ said: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17)

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

I agree totally. There can not be intelligent[ life on other planets,on our little planet an universal question or as court case is being solved. Only here intelligent humans can prove our creator has the right to rule.

This is purely speculation

but as Ezk.28:11YOn the holy mountain of God you proved to be. In the midst of fiery stones you walked about. 15 You were faultless in your ways from the day of your being created until unrighteousness was found in you.

says about Satan : On fiery coals he walked about, could that mean suns or planets. The universe is vast and beautiful what do Angels do when they have time off that is if they do have time off. Maybe they fly to Titan to watch the rings of Saturn or Orion-belt to witness the awesomeness of that star system.

They must have free time because in Noahs day they were watching the earth ( the daughters of men)

Jehovah has created us in his image so many of us love to create emulating Jehovah, this is purely speculation but whose to say in a billion years from now we will be Tera-forming other planets, I know he has given the earth to the sons of men but personally and I could be totally wrong in this.

To spread Eden like conditions through out the whole universe would give Jehovah glory.

If it is so I have dibs on Titan.

So... The whole alien/ufo deal is all demonic powers to distract people from the truth?

So does that mean any movies with aliens in it, is pretty much demonic? Being aliens are demons, right?

So then I need to get rid of my Star Wars, Transformers, Battleship, etc movies???

no no thats like saying Superman, Goldilocks, Astroboy, Super ted are all demonic.

I think we can go too far in thinking everything is demonic. I choose not intrude on someone Else's conscience as this is such a touchy subject.

personally I have had to make some changes in movies and reading material but many elders, family members and close friends still chose to watch or read certain fantasy and science fiction programs not saying which ones where I have chosen not to because of my conscience.

I have done research on the origins of many fantasy movies, and manga. the background of the author and the reasons behind making the movie or comic.One author was dabbling in occult practices when he wrote one a world famous book. He did it in defiance of his friend who was a Christian.

A monster some people would see as a demon but other just as a mythical monster.

Pray to Jehovah and let your conscience be your guide not any else's.

I still watch star trek everything Thursday night. My favorite part was when Spock cries his heart out. Makes you want to cry too.

Are we certain he is dead?

I mean, no-one has actually seen pictures of his body. Maybe it is a sophisticated conspiracy by the US government, with a fake Neil Armstrong in a huge tv studio out in the desert somewhere, and everyone there is sworn to secrecy. They could call it something innocuous like, maybe, Area 51.

When they laid the flag on the coffin was there a breeze moving it?

:detective:

Are we certain he is dead?

I mean, no-one has actually seen pictures of his body. Maybe it is a sophisticated conspiracy by the US government, with a fake Neil Armstrong in a huge tv studio out in the desert somewhere, and everyone there is sworn to secrecy. They could call it something innocuous like, maybe, Area 51.

When they laid the flag on the coffin was there a breeze moving it?

:detective:

And here I always thought Brits didn't have a sense of humor. Wrong again. :Lil1:

Love it!

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

So does that mean any movies with aliens in it, is pretty much demonic? Being aliens are demons, right?

What is very interesting is that a lot of the 'inspiration' for Star Wars/Star Trek-ish types of drama actually comes from demonic types of things being performed by Satanic cult activities, even down to today. Most people in the truth are totally unaware of this fact. I grew up knowing and being trained in the magical arts and in cult activity. If Moses could speak today, he would tell you that he saw and knew demonic things as well because he had been trained in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, including their religious/magical background. Because I know firsthand information, including the names of the false gods/demons, I absolutely cannot and refuse to entertain in my home, anything that smacks or relates to the demons or Satan.

I know that this will not be a popular thing for some to hear because they may like 'sci-fi' stories, etc., but if anyone would like more information, I gladly offer to respond in a PM about this subject. Please, no stone throwing! This is my sensitive subject.

As far as this article goes I have no doubt what-so-ever that Satan and his demons very well could have set up something tantalizing on the dark side of the moon to lure humans to explore. Demons are confined to the vicinity of the earth and most likely the moon is near enough for them to play with human's minds. Having pyramid-like buildings really does show how false-religion-like the demons are. What worked in magic centuries ago with Babylon and the Canaanites, all done in an effort to hurt God's people then, works today. Since it worked back then, if it ain't broke, why fix it? And no doubt, when Satan has been released from the abyss, he will use the very same things on humans in the future as he did in the past.

I was very interested in your reply.

This is a topic I would like to discuss more. I have pressed the delete button 5 times now and can't get out what I want to say.

I refuse to mention on a public forum names and writers which my conscience will not allow me to watch, as I feel this is a conscience matter.

You mentioned Kevin J Anderson and Gene Roddenberry I am very interested in your opinion.

Are you familiar with Orson Scott Card.

Every year a few in the cong.would go camping by the river no mod cons at all you even had to bring your own toilet I would bring the Bible and two or three Science fiction books or Fantasy recently I have had to curtail my choices because of looking more into the origins of them.

What about the classics Shakespeare in King Lear, Macbeth, Mid summer etc ghosts, fairies etc

Wuthering Heights is another.

My main concern is Manga what is your opinion so many young ones addicted to it.

If Moses could speak today, he would tell you that he saw and knew demonic things as well because he had been trained in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, including their religious/magical background.

Now, this is an interesting idea I would like to explore further. Do you have any WT references that are good on this subject?

You mentioned Kevin J Anderson and Gene Roddenberry I am very interested in your opinion.

I refuse to read Kevin J. Anderson because I find him an uncreative hack. He ruined the Star Wars EU for me.

I love Card's Ender universe. I think you can readily see Card's Morning background influence in his Homecoming series.

Maybe if you read the Saga of the Seven Suns it will change your mind (brilliant)

Ender series was great. Has he finished writing the last book in the series? Have you read Orson's Unaccompanied Sonata in Maps in the Mirror. my fav.

The original purpose of my post was to ask whether we should be reading this at all?

I love it but should we?

The original purpose of my post was to ask whether we should be reading this at all?

I love it but should we?

I often say that 'when in doubt, don't.' But I really feel it is important to do the research for yourself and prove it to YOU! I know what I know already by what I have experienced up close and personal. Sometimes I am completely grossed out or freaked out when others around me just think I am just being weird. Knowledge is power.

I recall being at work and having a lengthy discussion with a guy who was a punk rocker, who sometimes got so into it when singing, he got naked on stage! YIKES! We had a very good conversation about comic book characters and where they got their power. He admitted in almost every single case the hero type characters were based on Roman and Greek mythology. There were just so many similarities that he admitted this freely to me. I was blown away that he did this.

Do you have any WT references that are good on this subject?

Nope. I misspoke. Thank you for making me think. :idea:

I went round and round until I actually looked in the bible to see I was wrong. It is possible that Moses was taught this stuff because he was considered a prince of Egypt by being the 'son' of Pharaoh's daughter. Being raised inside the Egyptian palace he was no doubt exposed to all kinds of pagan stuff just from being in harm's way. If you are raised inside the White House would you be vulnerable to flags and traditions of men and patriotism every single day? Absolutely.

It was actually Daniel who was taught to be a Chaldean. He and his three companions actually had pagan names given them to replace their Hebrew ones. And these names were based on Babylonian false gods. UGH! The names are in the Insight books and has the Babylonian counterparts listed in each one's history.

Daniel 1: 6-7 Four young men from Judah—Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah—were among those selected. The head of the palace staff gave them Babylonian names: Daniel was named Belteshazzar, Hananiah was named Shadrach, Mishael was named Meshach, Azariah was named Abednego.

Then they were taught all kinds of useless 'higher learning' and specifically magical junk. It would be comparable to taking false religious training or learning about Wicca - magic and incantations in college.

17-19 God gave these four young men knowledge and skill in both books and life. In addition, Daniel was gifted in understanding all sorts of visions and dreams. At the end of the time set by the king for their training, the head of the royal staff brought them in to Nebuchadnezzar. When the king interviewed them, he found them far superior to all the other young men. None were a match for Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah.

19-20 And so they took their place in the king's service. Whenever the king consulted them on anything, on books or on life, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his kingdom put together.

Daniel and the other three would certainly be killed by the King because look what happened.

Daniel 2: 2 So the king said to call the magic‐practicing priests and the conjurers and the sorcerers and the Chal‧de′ans to tell the king his dreams. And they proceeded to come in and to stand before the king.... 12 Because of this the king himself became angry and got very furious, and he said to destroy all the wise men of Babylon.13 And the order itself went out, and the wise men were about to be killed; and they looked for Daniel and his companions, for them to be killed.

And I can think of another one of God's servants who would know all there is to know about Egypt, being second in command to the King himself, and that is Joseph. While we know he didn't practice their religion, he did practice their customs. When his brothers came in to see him they did not recognize him most likely because he was shaven, perhaps bald with a wig in his head and having black outlining around his eyes. He looked exactly like an Egyptian ruler. He certainly knew their customs, culture and religion to be well acquainted and to be a good judge in charge of everything Egyptian.

Every year a few in the cong.would go camping by the river no mod cons at all you even had to bring your own toilet I would bring the Bible and two or three Science fiction books or Fantasy recently I have had to curtail my choices because of looking more into the origins of them.

What about the classics Shakespeare in King Lear, Macbeth, Mid summer etc ghosts, fairies etc

Wuthering Heights is another.

My main concern is Manga what is your opinion so many young ones addicted to it.

I have no idea about any others you asked about. But I really hate ghosts, faeries, goblins, gremlins, brownies, genies. I have never watched Aladdin, Ghost, or even been to the haunted mansion at Disney World. I steer clear of it even if it seems very silly and as if I am being so overly sensitive that I am making myself look ridiculous to most everyone in the congregation. I don't care. For me it is very personal. I refuse to go inside any place of false worship ever since I vowed to serve Jehovah. Even close family members roll their eyes at me - and they are in the truth. They do not know what I know. I am scared by what I know. I have firsthand knowledge of the deep things of Satan and it took me my whole life to try and unlearn it. Now, all I want to know are the deep things of Jehovah.

I will look up manga to see how creepy it is.

Manga started out a cute drawings in the beginning. They were just fun reading then, like innocuous comics in Japanese. Now they are linked with false gods, ninjas (asassins), sex and heavily into war or combat along with super heroes. Not for me, but I can see if some people like the style and look of it. My son draws and loves Anime. He likes the lines and the eyes of the characters. This really feels like a conscience matter for sure.

Thank you sooooo much for all your comments, and you let your family "in the truth" keep rolling their eyes, whatever!!!! Erroring of the side of loyalty to Jehovah is to be commended. I'm sure you truly make Jehovah's heart rejoice. Your comments have really made me rethink my attitude toward comic book characters and aliens/sci-fi. I was never a comic book fan, but my brother was, so I am familiar with a lot of them and when the movies began to come out, I was one who rushed to see them, ooooing and ahhhing, all the way. I also loved Greek and Roman mythology (original clash of the titans) as well as The Hobbitt, Lord of the Rings and Arthuring legend. When I first heard Thor was coming out, I decided not to see it because I know he is a god of mythology, and I am ashamed to admit that just this past weekend, I gave in an watched it anyway. What was I thinking?!!! Jehovah tolerates no rivalry. Your comments are definitely taken to heart. Stick to your guns. I know Jehovah is blessing your efforts and will continue to support you. (tu)

Your sister,

Agape'

No rolling eyes I promise.

You can be brutally honest I'd really like your opinion.

As you said Satan is a master at disguising things that is why it is good to know the roots of where things originate.

A family member loves Naruto Manga because of the story line the loyalty, friendship, going against all odds to achieve your goals.

But is it Satan sugar coating poison .

Or is it just fantasy like Superman, or Goldilocks and the three bears,

I know it is a conscience matter but I would like to know what Jehovah thinks is he hurt or disgusted.

Bedtime stories were Hansel and Gretel, the wizard of Oz with the wicked witch .off course many other but these stories as nursery rhyme I feel provide roots something handed down generation after generation merely as a story.

You mentioned before Star-trek although they have an underlying moral issues. I haven't found anything demonic I am very interested in knowing your thoughts. on the subject

I feel is purely fantasy just other species on other planets :imagination.