JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

EU Pressident Barosso calls for 'federation of states''

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4236 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A European Federation would be a consolidation of all EU member nations into a single nation with one government, currency, and military.

I know the eighth king of Revelation is the United Nations, but I also know the nations that make up the European Union are also members of the UN. Worth noting the United Kingdom is part of the EU. It is also part of the Anglo-American world power. I keep thinking about the thought Jehovah God will put into their hearts to turn on Babylon the Great. (Revelation 17:17) How this happens I don't know, but in the context of the end of this system of things I found this news item to be an interesting turn of events on the global scene.

I found this quote interesting...

"The inability of governments thus far to respond effectively to economic developments was "fuelling populism and extremism in Europe and also elsewhere", he added."

Populism - The political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite.

Think back to the articles we just had on the call for justice will it be heard (July/June Awake) and real freedom/liberty versus what this system offers as justice, freedom/liberty.

Loyalty to Jehovah and His sovereignty is real freedom indeed. It is such a privilege to declare the good news of God's Kingdom!

I found this quote interesting...

"The inability of governments thus far to respond effectively to economic developments was "fuelling populism and extremism in Europe and also elsewhere", he added."

Populism - The political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite.

This is also a fulfillment of the prophecy of the The image in Nebuchadnezzar's dream that we have had some great articles on recently. Particularly the feet "partly of iron and partly of clay" The governments are weakened by the "common people". It of course applied primarily to the Anglo-American world power, but we can see the pattern happening in all worldly governments.