JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

iphone 5

As Jerry noted, that is about the biggest change between the iPhone 4S and the 5! LOL

Except for one other little thing, The charger and data connection was changed. Which means anyone who "upgrades" to this new phone has to buy all their iPhone accessories again!, Wall chargers, car chargers, docking stations, clock radios, home stereo mounts, etc. Just another way for Apple to make money on their loyal customers!

In contrast, my sister just upgraded her Android phone from an HTC "Evo" to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and even though they are different manufacturers, the charging and data cables are interchangeable!

I was gonna start an iPhone 5 thread lol..... Speaking of Verizon I wonder how many brothers or sisters I talk to each day lol I know of one because she chose 1914 as a password and that is not something worldly people do lol I asked her why that year and she said it is an important time in history then asked her if she was jw... So as a Verizon wireless customer service rep if you guys have it you might very well get me.... Lol anyway I think I want an iPhone 5 all though I am big on android the iPhone is awesome too and the 4g lte feature on this one is too awesome

signature2.jpg

There are a handful of Android phones on the market now, and have been for months, that blow this iPhone5 away. I am actually shocked that Apple is being this lame.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

There are a handful of Android phones on the market now, and have been for months, that blow this iPhone5 away. I am actually shocked that Apple is being this lame.

Totally agree! I just got my GS3 last week and am amazed at what it can do on the stock ROM, I may not even have to root this one!

Apple's new "nano" is the same, it's like, why did they bother? Except for changing the data/accessory plug on both so their loyal customers will have to buy everything again! They compromised with the iPhone 5 though, they will sell you an adapter for $39.99, but they warn you that it may not fit in all the docks, iPhone clock radios, etc.

There is no explaining blind loyalty!

(Disclaimer, the following video has the "B" word in it if you listen good enough to catch it) :)

I was gonna start an iPhone 5 thread lol..... Speaking of Verizon I wonder how many brothers or sisters I talk to each day lol I know of one because she chose 1914 as a password and that is not something worldly people do lol I asked her why that year and she said it is an important time in history then asked her if she was jw... So as a Verizon wireless customer service rep if you guys have it you might very well get me.... Lol anyway I think I want an iPhone 5 all though I am big on android the iPhone is awesome too and the 4g lte feature on this one is too awesome

Beth Debbie is interested in upgrading to the iPhone5 and wants to switch to Verizon. She pays $85 a month now for 700 minutes, 200 texts and unlimited data ( she has been with them from the iPhone3 days), but 2gig would be plenty. Her plan is called - FamilyTalk Nation 700 with Rollover.

What is a good deal that is comparable at Verizon?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Beth Debbie is interested in upgrading to the iPhone5 and wants to switch to Verizon. She pays $85 a month now for 700 minutes' date=' 200 texts and unlimited data ( she has been with them from the iPhone3 days), but 2gig would be plenty. Her plan is called - FamilyTalk Nation 700 with Rollover. What is a good deal that is comparable at Verizon?[/quote'] The plan we have with Verizon is very similar. We just dropped the unlimited data because most of the time we have a WiFi connection so it isn't needed. We have unlimited text and picture messaging and I believe we also share 700 minutes, and it is plenty, we never go over. Especially since Verizon to Verizon calls are free and almost everyone we know is on Verizon, all of our families members are. One out of three people (and very close to half) who have cell service has Verizon in this country anyway, so that helps too. Here are the specs on their "share everything" plans: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plan-information/?page=share-everything Tell her to wait for the new iPhone:

126665=7073-iphone10.jpg

well since obviously you do know we don't have unlimited data anymore best option if 2 gb is enough is the Share everything that gives unlimited talk and text and 2 gb of data it would be 100 even.. before taxes and surcharges of course.. if you wanna check out the plans though you can go to vzw.com/share everything and use a data calculator to get an accurate guesstimate of what she might use.

signature2.jpg

LOVE IT!!!! :ecstatic:

Hey, that's my phone and it really does do all that.

Yesterday, my wife was having trouble with her HGTV app on her iPhone and since we are on the same network - she asked me to DL the HGTV app and see if it was her phone, the network or the app.

I went to the play store and couldn't find the app. Weird I said - did they sign an exclusive deal with apple?? So I asked what does the app do? - plays their video. Well can't you just go to their website and play them - I asked? Yeah, but not on the iPhone - hmmm.

So I went to the website and found the video she wanted to see - Design Star and just clicked play - boom it started playing and kept playing (which is what she was having trouble with - hers stops after 3 minutes). Their videos are all in flash - like most videos on the net. I guess the apple app converts them or something.

I told her nope - not the network - its the phone :lol1: well it is a 3gs she has - time for the 5. :wave: Oh, OK :S I hope the "app" works there :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Speaking of apps, I tried reading the headlines under the technology section and this is the headlines across major news sources bashing Apple`s iMaps with a twitter hashtag #ios6maps.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19659736

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/20/apple-maps-ios6-station-tower

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/20/apples-ios-6-maps-criticism/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/20/3363914/wrong-turn-apple-ios-6-maps-phone-5-buggy-complaints

http://www.androidpit.com/apple-changes-the-world-5-hilarious-ios6-map-mistakes

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/429301/smartphone-makers-cant-afford-to-mess-up-mapping/

For me who works in the scattered territory, maps (printed or online) are very very very indispensable tool next to my Bible and bible based literature. I can live without a mobile phone but I still manage get one because I think I need it in the ministry considering our territories are across the entire region.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

226 iPhone 5 handsets stolen in Japan

CRIME SEP. 21, 2012 - 06:21PM JST ( 26 ) TOKYO —

Apple’s iPhone 5 went on sale across Japan on Friday. Long lines formed outside many stores but apparently not everyone was willing to pay for the smartphone.

Police received reports that 226 iPhone 5 handsets were stolen in the Kansai area and Shiga Prefecture.

According to Fuji TV, 116 were stolen from a Softbank store in Osaka’s Nishi Ward, 33 from a KDDI au store in Osaka,

42 from an au store in Sakai, and 30 from a store in Kobe—116 at its store in Osaka and the rest at stores in Kobe, Hyogo and Shiga.

Police said thieves broke into the Softbank store overnight. Surveillance camera footage showed “a suspicious individual” lurking near the store at 4 a.m., police said.

Japan Today

I guess some people don't like lining up