JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

new part to my morning...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4217 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Good morning all. I've started coming out here to read your comments after reading the daily text, and it has been most encouraging. As I've stated in other posts, I've been chronically unemployed since 2001. Lot's of independent contract work scattered through out. Jehovah's loving support and provisions have been the only constant. I started Pioneering in 2010 and we joined an ASL group in 2009. We became a congregation this past April, woohoo! :ecstatic:

I still panic and fight off desperation with Jehovah's help. Being a single parent with no source of income can be quite scary. I really appreciate the article we're discussing this weekend in the Watchtower. I have really seen how Jehovah provides and gives undeserved kindness. I have the relationship with Jehovah that I never thought possible. It has been truly wonderful spiritually speaking.

Looking for work has become a challenge because I seem to be even more discouraged this time around, but I'm still looking. No car so I complete applications online, looking for work from home opportunities mostly. There's a Walmart being built here and one of my elders works for Walmart, so I've put in an application there as well. I figure if it's Jehovah's will and he provides the job, he'll enable me to get to it. I also home school my two middle schoolers, 6th and 7th grade.

I'm glad you're all here with all your encouraging words. Tanx :givehug:

Agape'

Dear Melinda,

Congratulations on finding us---or better yet joining us. I too could not get enough of this place when I first came on board. I read it every day with my morning cup of coffee as if catching up with friends from around the world. The last 4 months or so have been particularly hard to keep up with everyone here due to circumstances in my life right now. I love the thought that while I am asleep there are our brothers and sisters around the world posting encouragement and news for us as we do for them. It is so nice to drop in and not feel like you may be intruding when you need that extra bit of spiritual pick me up. Sometimes when you call the friends they are busy with their families (I have no small children to care for) and though they want to talk they have pressing things to do. This way you are talking to someone who can respond when they are able or who are already gathered here to "chat". Love that! Will be praying for you and your children to keep up spiritually because that will help us endure all that is thrown in our path. Talk to you soon.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doodleglo

Hi Melinda,

Thinking of you and hoping you are having

a measure of joy and peace today. *sigh*

And hoping same for me also. *LOL* ~