JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Isle of Wight (England)

Hiya everyone! :)

Just wondered if anyone has ever visited Isle of Wight or even living/lived there? We went in the summer and adored it! We also visited the congregation in Freshwater and they were lovely. :grouphug: We are now considering moving there at the beginning of next summer. We're going again in December (straight after the last day of the assembly!) :ecstatic:

Anyway, just wondered if any of you islanders are on here? ;)

Hi Hannah,

My husband and I first went to the Isle of Wight on our honeymoon almost exactly 33 years ago (6th Oct). I loved it! It's so beautiful there. We have been back a few times since but I would really like to go back. I have a yearning to see Osborne House and it's gardens. Hope you have a great time when you go back in December. Will you be checking out the housing market while you're there?

My wife and I have holidayed on the island a couple of times - on tours organised for older people. We stayed in Sandown at a hotel opposite the pier.

As we are not mobile we relied on the tour to take us to different places - Cowes, Ryde and Osborne House (which is well worth the visit).

It is a lovely island, indeed.

Josie and Christopher, it is really is a lovely place. We didn't go to Osborne House but would love to go! The thing is i have two younger brothers (one with Autism) who aren't interested in places such as Osborne House, such a shame! :cry: We saw part of Cowes week (or rather some of the boats!) and went all round the island including the Blackgang Chine fireworks and the Waltzing Waters .

Josie, the thing is, is that we rent so we can look but not put ourselves on the market just yet. But that hasn't stopped us from looking and wishing!! :popcorn: