JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Relocated to Istanbul Turkey! You coming?

Okay! I wanted to share this with you! Sorry that i have been quite for a long time. In the midst of relocation it was tricky to keep tag of the forum.

But, so as to let you know I am now in Istanbul and the main reason is to reach out to all in the preaching work. Yes over 75M population and only 2000 withnesses the need is indeed greater. (not great but greater)!

Love the place though! Learning a new language and working with the English group could not be more super. More to say but gotta call it a day now.

More later my brothers and sisters. Jehovah's blessings.

Maureen

Thank you so much everyone! Its a wonderful place to be. Very historical including the Garden of Eden having its location somewhere east of Turkey!!

I think 1 or 2 of the congregations 7 listed by Jesus in Revelation also exist! So much to see and learn from but more importantly so many to teach!

From Uganda to Istanbul!

Cultural shock not so much. AM actually enjoying the new foods and learning the language. There is an English group which needs alot of help since there are many foreigners here and it is just a huge field waiting to be harvested.

Each meeting we have many visiting brothers from all over the world. Here on holiday or business. Sometimes they too see the need and opt to come back and stay. Lots of languages are spoken here too. It is simply a melting pot of east and west. English, French, Armanian, Spanish, Russian, Italian and so many African languages on high demand. Its really great.

Easy to get work teaching English;)

Lots to share and indeed will keep you posted.

Maureen

• 4 years later...