JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Heat Waves & Bushfires.

We have between 38- 45 degrees heat & we have Out of control Bushfires between the Illawarra & South Coast. My family & I kinda saw the Start of one of the bushfires Down Ulladulla a 3hr Drv South from Me. & there is only One way back through the fires & the Majority of Tassie has fires. Scary..

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Bulli. Cong.

The News reportrers have been on Austinmer Beach.

To think we use to live up behind the beach surrounded by the bush. We live 6yrs. I was often concerned because 2 yrs before there was major fires & Elvis came so close his blades were almost in my car window.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

What circuit are you in..Fiona. Mine takes in Apin. Camden & Cronulla. All south to kiama..

We are in Bradbury cong. I used to be in Camden. But we have them In our circuit I thought. Our next circuit is march 8-9.

I must admit I have not been up to date with ALOT other than meetings this year. My son has Been sick with cancer and I get ALOT of info second hand. I could have missed the info about Camden being in your circuit.

I made a mistake Camden isn.t part of circuit we pass through to Go to Assembly hall. I am sorry what you must be dealing with Sis. If you take another trip to Austi..feel free to get in touch. Maybe we can meet for coffee.:squeeze:

I bet you right. I am at Narooma 1hr south of Batemans bay. I hope you & your son are ok.

Just saw on the News half of Nsw psrts of Vic. & Tassie are a light. We have to come home thru. Nowra. Yikes. Be saying loads of :praying:

Hello, sorry to hijack your conversation :blushing:

How do you live in Narooma and be in Bulli cong? Just wondering.

I hear ya about the extreme heatwave and 'catastrophic' fire warnings. I'm about an hour and a half north of Sydney and we're sweltering :P

Hi. Fiona. My father inlaw lives at Narooma. We came down to catch up with him.

We left at 4pm got 1hr drv. In a friend kindly smsed us to say South Nowra & Sussex inlet were clossed of due to heeps of smoke going accross the Hwy.

So we had to come back to Narooma for the night. Should see around the mountains of Canberra &Cooma dirrection. So much haze. Then 1 hrs drive from Narooma is Brogo/Bega. Its pretty much the backyard. In destination.

The sun was a massive ball of red. We left Narooma the Southerly breeze started coming in. So it was good break. But then you got to the Middle of Mogo. Icky.

I heard on the News in Tassie.

A woman was going to a friends funeral. Left her jids with her parents. As she drove away. The fire had started in her area.. Then the Rd was closed of so no:way. Back she didn.t know anything til she saw the News. Her parents & 5 kids had to run down to a jetty. & jump in the water. The water is still freezing there. So they all held on & the father swam to find a boat & amazing all survived.:cry:>:D<

3 Teenagers were arrested for starting of the major fires..& down south in the Illawarra an 80 yr old had an open fire. It was & still is no open fires people are amazing aren.t they. There are still 140 fires accross Nsw.

We are going to try to make it home. Today the temp has drop to 16 degrees. Crazzy from 45. Frid. &Sat are going to be back up to 45 & for the following week.

Tassie is looking at getting some snow.

How crazy is the weather..

I think I move to the USA. Its cooler at the moment?

Im glad your safe.

I know a number of Brothers last night stayed in the RSL club at sussex. Some chose to stay with their properties, I guess cause of animals etc. But all seem ok.

The heat was oppressive yesterday, I dont think the coast got it much easier.

It seems it was the hottest day in recorded history!! So glad there is some relief today. Getting hot again by the weekend Im told. Lets hope they can get all fires out by then.

Take care, and drive safe sis. :)

Thanks Fiona.

I heard another fire in the VIC. Suburbs was started by teenagers as well. The Authoritirs caught the ones in Western Syd. They have amazing techonolgy. They used sn infer red scanner. It detected the kids. They got caught in the act.

Theres another fire out Lithgow. Hunter Valley is next in line.:pray:

That's so scary! Much cooler today. The change came through after midnight.

I know a few down your way: the Groenvelds, Nathan Wood and family, etc.

We're going to Catherine Fields for our Circuit Assembly this weekend. We're all shellshocked at the moment, because our CO got disfellowshipped last week!! I had an encouraging visit from him and another elder during his visit in December. A very popular CO, so we're obviously going to have a last minute fill-in for the weekend.

I know the Gronevelds. Very good friends. Once I beat Tiedo at Chess. Still waiting for a rematch. Thry remind me of my folks. A joke a minute. We knew Nathan & Kylie. They were very Supportive. When i had & lost Jade. Now they are somewhere in the Highlands.

Enjoy your assembly. Fiona. May Jah be with you.

We're all shellshocked at the moment, because our CO got disfellowshipped last week!! I had an encouraging visit from him and another elder during his visit in December. A very popular CO, so we're obviously going to have a last minute fill-in for the weekend.

Serious? who was your co?

Man what a drive 6hrs later thru. Braidewood & Goulborn. Nowra only just opened up now. We saw alot of In the distance were the Fire is around Canberra. We saw some new areas for camping that was free. Goulborn is very pretty countryside. Glad to see the ocean again.

Currently there still is 8000<3 miles of hectares still burning down Sussex Inlet. Amazing how fire keeps going.

The fires have been shown on our TV - scary time for you. As well as devastation for people and their property, devastation for their livestock and wildlife in the areas too:

http://www.ifaw.org/united-kingdom/news/bushfire-update-scale-loss-tasmania-week-beyond-words

Glad to see you are all OK so far, thank goodness!