JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When My Project Is Finished

pinkpopcorn

Svetlana, I have had long nails since I stopped biting them when I was 12, over fifty years ago. My Mom has the longest nails I have ever seen that do not look ridiculous. I must get them from her because they are very strong. They never get in the way of much, except typing. If I cut them too short I seem to type numbers. :lol1:

Hi Chris....An update on my Maryjane... Please don't think I'm a goofball...Well I started making the 9 to 12 month and it's huge...more like 4/5 year old I think....I wish you could see it...well I just took this picture next to one of my shoes(size 8)... And my cat?! She's after the ball of yarn ...Well, I think it's too big...don't you? I'm thinking of tearing it apart and starting over.I don't know why it's so huge.I'm using an F needle and cotton. I wish I could come crochet with you.:crush:

154686=8507-IMG_20130405_130644.JPG

I just wanted to say Chris, I taught myself how to crochet , I make scarves and afghans and hats. I have always wanted to make baby booties... I am not sure about some of the directions. So maybe that's why my bootie got so big....I may have worked in too many stitches.

For example...Sctog 1. Sc 6. Sctog 1. Sc 7. Sc2tog 7 times. Sc 7. 7. Sc 15. Dc2tog 4 times. Sc 6

I don't know what sctog 1 means....Is it single crochet together?

Also dc2 tog....double crochet 2 together....not sure what to do....I don't know if you or anyone else can explain that to me....I hope.:heart:Some stitches I can't quite figure out.

SC = single crochet

DC= double crochet

TOG= together ( I use this abbreviation in my notes at assemblies!

In patterns when we are told to sc or dc tog stitches - they are telling us to combine them so that on the next row the former two stitches are now one. It is decrease made in the stitches.

OR perhaps we are making shells of 5 dcs. If the next row calls for a reverse shell stitch, we would wrap yarn over, pull up a loop, wrap over again - but NOT pull through (so there is only one loop on the hook). We hold back that last part of the dc stitch. In this case we would do it 5 times, so that we should end up having 6 loops on our hook. Then we wrap around and pull through ALL the remaining stitches on the hook. It cinches 5 stitches together. It looks like an upside down shell.