JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Conversational Stopper

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4051 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I would say that I would love to talk to them and that every effort is made to meet them in their homes.

But while they are in a bar they are probably not in a position to have a productive discussion about anything serious.

In my area we do preach to people in the bars.

Our COW (do not be confused - Circuit overseer's wife LOL)

gave a comment at a service meeting about our sisters preaching to the Turkish sailors in the port bar .

She told that there also were another two women - local prostitutes...

But the effect was absolutely amazing. Seamen stopped smoking, listen to our sisters, took magazines and left donations. :thumbsup:

Just give them this info and continue your preaching

"Absolute rubbish”

Would that be evening or night witnessing?

In our area we call them pubs (public house). Definitely not a place for 2 sisters, I would leave it to the brothers. It's a place where mostly men go after work to relax with a few drinks or a thousand with their mates, often ending with a fight or two.

We don't have any arrangements here to do bars or pubs. We would have to get approval from the owner/manager first of course.

Other areas might be different.

Hi, Fiona!

Personally I do not preach in the bars/pubs and also think that it is not right place for sisters.

But situation might be different if the bar is expensive/not for everyone to come, and if visitors are Muslims,

(Their belief doesn't allow them to drink alcohol at a day time LOL),

Plus there are no Turkish speaking brothers in that area, one sister only.

"Absolute rubbish”