JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anybody ever use a web cam for chat or video calling?

A couple nights ago I had a video call over Skype with my wife's Aunt in Virginia. It was pretty neat. Gotta have the lights on though. If there is not enough light, the image is not smooth at all.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I got me a Windows Live Messenger handle as well now :-)

Skype is the only one I have gotten to try so far in regards to video calling. I type IM on Yahoo and GoogleTalk, but I use Trillian to manage them all in one application.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Bob, I've got some cute animated gif files that I found online, saved to my hard drive, and now use for chat on Luive Messenger. If you would like to chat sometime, I can send them to you and you can save them for yourself to use in chatting with others! My email address on Live Messenger is Rosemaybud@aol.com but I never use that for my email; just for registering on Live Messenger. I've got some great smilies and animated files!

• 3 months later...

Just seen this thread. Hey...better late then never. Yes? LOL

Was on the other night and met my Brother's new wife. It was neat. I use Skype too. Works great for me. We will have to set up a time and have you and Chrystal wave for me sometime. LOL

I have my DC this weekend, but anytime after that would be just fine. We'd love to have you up for dinner. In mid september I'll be giving a talk out at one of the Akron congregations too.

Was on the other night and met my Brother's new wife. It was neat. I use Skype too. Works great for me. We will have to set up a time and have you and Chrystal wave for me sometime. LOL

U going to Toledo ?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----

Sender: jwtalk@googlegroups.com

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:54:21

To:

Reply-To: interchange@jwtalk.net

Subject: Re: Anybody ever use a web cam for chat or video calling?

I have my DC this weekend, but anytime after that would be just fine. We'd love to have you up for dinner. In mid september I'll be giving a talk out at one of the Akron congregations too.

When my husband and where dating we used the web cam a lot since I lived in nj and him in Michigan

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----

Sender: jwtalk@googlegroups.com

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:06:29

To:

Reply-To: interchange@jwtalk.net

Subject: Re: Anybody ever use a web cam for chat or video calling?

Yes, but no longer have a cam. I switched to a laptop that didn't have it. I also found that I was more reluctant to use it, the longer my chin hairs got ;):lol1:

Haven't used Skype but my husband has. Have used the web cam a couple of times. A couple of times with Rita. Also used it with my uncle who saw me wave to him and it tickled him pink. It was my cousins computer, but my uncle was thrilled to be able to see me.

Let me know when and where the talk is. I will come up. About dinner...again...give me a date or two. I will be up. It's about time I get off this ranch and get out a bit. Yes? LOL Then...next time I will have you down. How's them apples? Can't wait!

You will adore the Convention. Reminded me a lot of our Draw Close to Jehovah book starting in Chapter 26. Very soothing and loving. I call it my relax and smile time too. Have fun and look forward in hearing from you both. :-)

> U going to Toledo ?

No, I am at the Cleveland Wolstein Center.

My attendant duty is to guard the nursing mothers station for 1.5 hours each day. Today in the wieght lifting room there were some college kids playing some hippity hoppity stuff that drowned out the program. That stunk, but I got to dance :)