JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The schoolgirl, the Nazis and the Purple Triangles

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3949 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Annie, Thank you so much for posting this film. I read the book '' Facing the Lion'' when I was newly baptized several years ago. It impressed upon my heart Simone's love of Jehovah. Reading her story gave me determination to serve Jehovah and I pray that I can be as strong as that little girl was. I love seeing her as an adult, still serving her God Jehovah. This forum is so strengthening and the love of Jehovah's people is evident here. The caring concern for one another is inviting. Someday, when this system is brought to nothing and we are all living as Jehovah intended, I hope I can meet many of you and share the joy we will all be experiencing in the new world under our King, Jesus Christ, Thank you.

• 3 months later...

We watched this documentary a few weeks ago. I can heartily recommend it to any witness (or non-witness). The sister Simone has been interviewed on one of the organisations DVD's if I recall correctly. There is also an audio recording somewhere of her singing "Forward You Witnesses".

I've read her book, Facing the Lion, six times. It's incredibly instructive and faith-strengthening! Apart from Simone's outstanding example of faith, I feel that parents can learn a great deal from Simone's parents. Our circuit overseer's wife said that in her opinion, every one of Jehovah's witnesses should read this book!

Her experience also appeared in the Awake: *** g93 9/22 p. 15-19 “Oh, Jehovah, Keep My Young Girl Faithful!” ***

You can read an exerpt from the book here: http://www.facingthelion.com/excerpt.htm

You can find the eBook here: http://www.editions-schortgen.lu/EN/Catalogue/Detail.asp?Id=189

If anyone's interested, I would strongly recommend reading the unabridged edition!

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22