JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I am heading over In May/June.

Doing the Drive. Has Anyone in Aussie done the drive &How did you find it?

My niece is getting Married. They live in Mindarie Keys.

Any sites worth checking out along the way?

Thanks.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks Sis.

I know its going to be a longggggg. Lols trip.

Hoping the kids will survive. Lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I am heading over In May/June. Doing the Drive. Has Anyone in Aussie done the drive &How did you find it? My niece is getting Married. They live in Mindarie Keys. Any sites worth checking out along the way? Thanks.
I did the drive when me and my wife travelled Oz a few years back.

152886=8395-oz.PNG We drove from Magnetic Island to Perth in 6 days averaging 1000km a day 10 hrs a day. We just wanted to get there asap and just get it done. In the middle of Oz there is nothing except trees, bushes, cars and rocks. Oh and maybe some service stations strategically placed for fuel. I reccomend taking a large fuel can and filling up your car at the bigger towns on the way as the fuel is a lot cheaper. You will make your money back on the cost of the fuel cans if you do that and save some money. Also make sure you take plenty of water and stay on the main roads. If you go off on a detor to ayers rock for example make sure people know where you are and expect you to ring at a certain time. Also beware of the kangaroos both dead and alive ones on the nullarbor. Hope you enjoy it we did.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Wow you did a massive Haul & thanks for the Heads up.

I will be glad its not our Summer. Oh but its Winter that maybe Ok.

We ventured last Jan.2012 to Adelaide X( it was beautiful. But you know!

We drove through Vic. To Adelaide via the Murry's river

Lots of dry salted lakes. PINK salt & white.

Discovered all the different Nut trees that grow there.

Olives etc. So I guess plenty of Tucker Aye. Lols

You have a good detailed map. Might come in handy lols.

So how was Magnetic. Its a place I've thought about seeing one day.

I am looking for some new Ideas on how to make a long trip fun for the kids too.

I would love dome ideas. Please& thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the invite to North Beach Kingdom Hall.

Kinda getting the excited mode for travel.

• 2 weeks later...

3 more weeks & an on the Road again.

I am not use to the dust. When I see the ocean again. I will feel better.

I am looking for some new Ideas on how to make a long trip fun for the kids too. I would love dome ideas. Please& thanks.

In the past when we've driven a long distance, like to Qld, we usually leave really early in the morning, chuck the kids in the car with their pillows so for half the trip they're asleep.

Portable DVD players are great.

Most of my kids are older now so they just listen to their ipods and play games on them.

Happy driving, and stay safe. Can be a boring monotonous drive so share the driving if you can.