JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Elk afraid of a COW!

My van broke down today so my daughter came and picked me up. On the way to get fuel in her truck we passed a field where a small herd of elk, males mostly, were jammed into a corner. I've never seen that before so I asked Tracy to turn around so I could take a picture. When we got there this is what I saw, all those animals bumbling around in the corner. As I was taking pictures I saw in the back ground the red cow, and a black one off to the side. The elk were all warily looking at them, shuffeling their hooves trying to find a way out. They were wide eyed with fear over a couple of silly cows! Oh boy that was funny!

153991=8463-Elk 2.jpg In between the trees on the left you'll see the back of the brown cow. Happily munching.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 1 month later...

This is in Oregon near the ocean. Yes, they do graze together, well they don't really 'hang' in the same places. The wild ones are generally with wild ones. I was raised next to an elk refuge and cows had the same field too but I don't remember them being too close together.

You should have seen how the elk were huddling and backing up to get away from the cows, it was so weird, that's why I took the pic.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I saw something a few times that was almost as funny as that. When I went out early to the place where my horses were boarded, I'd sometimes see all (about twenty of them) the horses looking nervously up at a wooded hill. There were coyotes and wildcats and occasionally a cougar around so they would get me feeling spooked. Then one morning I saw the scary thing--a couple of deer!

I saw something a few times that was almost as funny as that. When I went out early to the place where my horses were boarded, I'd sometimes see all (about twenty of them) the horses looking nervously up at a wooded hill. There were coyotes and wildcats and occasionally a cougar around so they would get me feeling spooked. Then one morning I saw the scary thing--a couple of deer!

Haaaaa haaa