JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My Old Friend Is Back!

I went to the post office and picked up my newly refurbished Reference NWT. It is a subtle purple, and so beautiful. They cleaned up the edges, kept my handwritten notes. I dropped it, and that sort of was the last straw. It really started to rip away from itself. Never mind I had already used tape on it.

This was the Bible I read in a year, and, it has notes that mean so much to me. So, as I said....

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Bibles are something so personal aren't they?

To me it always feels wrong using someone else's bible.

And I don't like letting others use mine.

With my favorite bible the scriptures almost open to the right page by themselves lol.

And just holding it in my hand makes me think of scriptures more easily. That must sound crazy lol.

It's a mental thing. Just like holding a pencil in my hand helps me concentrate.

I am like you. Sometimes when I have a talk, I find that pen in my hand on stage. I do try to use other bibles, because, it is a material thing, and there are no guarantees. But, for the moment, sure is a treat. Poor thing was falling apart. And it got fixed! Still amazing to me, how can they do it?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I have three large bibles and a plethora of all kinds of smaller ones in various translations. I love them all. But our large footnote bible (all 3) have been marked up by me in so many different ways. I can tell what was happening to me when I read the marginal notes. They are like a time line in my history. I should mark ONE of them with all my notes so it becomes the go to bible. My poor hubby used to have one of the reference bibles but I stole it from him. LOL All of my bibles are like living things in my house. They're ALIVE!  :o 

• 2 months later...

Bibles are something so personal aren't they?

To me it always feels wrong using someone else's bible.

And I don't like letting others use mine.

So true, I never use another's Bible... when someone asks to use mine at the door or in the car group, I find myself staring at it intently while they handle it to be sure nothing is going to happen to it as one would careful watch a kitten or a baby being handled... it's funny how personal it is to us

... "the word of God is alive"    :bible2:

happy for you Bea! :)o

Edited by feather

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16