JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Clinically Dead Woman Is Revived After C-Section Birth

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4019 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I guess a C-section without anesthetic will sure wake you up!

A pregnant woman in her ninth month was admitted to a hospital in Kuwait with an acute blood pressure condition, suffered cardiac arrest, and was pronounced dead. Doctors rushed to deliver her unborn child. The cesarean section was performed without anesthesia since the mother was presumed dead, and a healthy 6.8 lb baby boy was delivered. Then with one last attempt to revive the 36-year-old Filipina woman, doctors were astonished when she started breathing again.

"This is a scientific miracle at all levels," hospital manager Dr. Hmoud Al-Zobi told theKuwait Times. Three days later the 36-year-old Filipina (or Pinay) woman named Zuraida remains unconscious at Al-Farwaniya Hospital, but doctors say she is in stable condition and are hopeful that she will return to health.

Zuraida's husband, Verdadero, remains by her side. "When I visited her today, tears were rolling down her eyes. I felt she could hear me, she could feel my presence and was trying her best to communicate. "

Said Verdadero, "I brought her to the hospital because she experienced blood and the water discharged at that time. Of course, I knew that she was already in pain and it was about time for her to deliver our second child. I was very happy. But my happiness changed to uncertainty when I heard that she was vomiting blood and was in danger and only a miracle could save her. I prayed hard for her to survive."

Verdadero is a truck driver who is often away for days in Iraq and elsewhere. He feels lucky that he happened to be in Kuwait when his wife was ready to deliver their baby. "At least I was with her when it all happened and I really pray that she will be okay."

During pregnancy, it is recommended that women and their doctors keep a close eye onblood pressure. There are many reasons for occasional spikes in blood pressure and most are nothing to worry about (in fact, worry only contributes to elevated levels). But chronic high blood pressure during pregnancy is something that should be monitored and treated to ensure that mother and baby are as healthy as can be.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/wom/pregnancy/0514/clinically-dead-woman-is-revived-after-c-section-birth.aspx?xid=aol_wte-preg_12_&aolcat=HLT&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D314127

Edited by Musky

This can be something that happens to a woman who is lying on her back and fully pregnant. The weight of the baby, the placenta and the fluid contained in the sac can cut off her oxygen supply, causing her to black out. It is not recommended that a pregnant woman lay on her back because of this. Kinda like parking your car on the hose that is watering the grass and the water stops flowing. As soon as you back the car off, the water flows once again. 

What a way to wake up though! If they thought her dead, they may just cut the baby out without regard to being precise in their surgery. YIKES!