JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Houston Tx, Katy Area

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3979 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Oh, wow.  Yes, I knew her, though I hadn't seen her in years.  Very faithful sister.  Just imagine what she is experiencing right now.  Sad for us, but what a homecoming for her!

Were you in Katy at one time?  I was there in the 80's! 

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I am overjoyed for her!  :wub: 

But sad for her family.... talked to Mike (her son-in-law) this morning and he's doing ok but it sounds like Karen may be grieving hard.  

I find it so easy to talk to many about death and losing their loved ones. Jehovah gives such a beautiful hope for them.

But what does one say to console the grief a loved one feels when their anointed family member has died?

{sigh}

I first met Kay back in 1976 when we moved to the Houston area - far west side, Memorial City / Spring Branch area between the Loop and Hwy 6 near I-10. She moved to Katy about the same time I got married and moved away, in 1979.  We stayed in touch - quite often at first, less and less at time passed. Her health has been really declining the last few years. I last talked to her maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I was hoping to make another trip down there to see her this summer.  :(  For me, she's my spiritual mother. I learned so much from her! Often sought her guidance in many of life's challenges, always trusting she would consider Jehovah's views of all things first and foremost! {gives me the warm fuzzies just thinking over those times}

Edited by Anakalia

Oh, wow.  Yes, I knew her, though I hadn't seen her in years.  Very faithful sister.  Just imagine what she is experiencing right now. 

She's probably in orientation today,I'd imagine, filling out all the proper paperwork,getting fitted for her crown...lol...all the necessary little things we'll never hear about. :-)

What a small world the organization is!

I hadn't talked to her in ages, but occasionally, would see her, Mike, and Karen from a distance.

Yes, I understand about the wondering what to say to one who has lost an anointed family member.  I especially don't know what to say to those who are married to one of the anointed, but not anointed themselves.

My consoling thought is that you never know:  just as Jehovah sent angels to visit mankind with messages, perhaps we will get to see our anointed brothers and sisters on occasion in the new world.  You might just get that time with your spiritual mom!  :) 

She's probably in orientation today,I'd imagine, filling out all the proper paperwork,getting fitted for her crown...lol...all the necessary little things we'll never hear about. :-)

Paperwork and fittings!  LOL!  I know she's having a great time.  Just think of being in Jehovah and Jesus' presence, and meeting ones like Paul, not to mention finding out who were part of the anointed down through the ages!  Awe-inspiring.