JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lightning Strike

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3962 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I will never forget this! Last 4 years during the wet season here in Ghana, this remarkable thing happened - we were having a meeting when the rainclouds appeared and lightnings and thunders followed. Certainly, whether demonic or just natural phenomena, a lightning struck through the doorway on the left of the platform, across the front seats and out of the kingdom hall only to strike a nearby coconut and setting it ablaze. The amazing thing is that no one sat on any of the front seats when the lightning struck. The brothers were scared and most of them ducked when it passed through the KH. Jehovah indeed protects his people!

Incredible.  

A few years ago we had a hurricane come through our area and my sister and I went to the KH to stay as well as a lot of the brothers and sisters. We brought our go bags and sleeping bags and slept there. Around 9PM the CO and his wife showed up to also stay at our KH even though normally they would have stayed in a KH in the area they were serving in.

The next day when we got news about homes and KH's in the area of hurricane, we discovered that the KH they were headed for in the beginning had been damaged and a huge tree fell and ruined the stage area and the whole front of the KH. It ended up needing to be rebuilt.

The funny thing is that the CO's wife called him on the cell phone, they were driving 2 autos,  that she didn't feel safe going to that KH and they both in unison said, let's go to Bonifay KH. The spot where they would have put their sleepings was exactly where the tree fell. I know this story is true because I was there.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Jehovah indeed protects his people!

You said something that makes me always wonder.... Because I said that also, but I always think if we can say such a thing without the conclusion that he didn't protected others that died in similar events...

A terrific experience nonetheless :S

I saw one of those things when I was little in Angola and a lightning entered in my house, ruined the back wall, the corridor in front of me and left out destroying the front wall also... Never forgot that. It was only surpassed by the moment when me and my family hide beneath the beds while several machine guns where being shot above our heads, during the war of the 70's

Edited by jayrtom