JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Juicing with Fruits & Veg for 62 days

I tried this one today, the taste was not bad. Thanks for your input.

Glad you liked it.  Lots of trial and error in developing a recipe.  This one I worked on and changed it up, and was pleased with the results.

• 1 month later...

How is your juice diet going?

Not only did the juice diet make me feel and think better.

But so did going Gluten Free. 2 months now.

And know I am looking at the Paleo Diet or cave man diet.

"If a cave man can catch it or find it, he can eat it."   Kind of thinking.

So far I have had huge success and in return I can have more of a share in the FIELD. :D

How is it going?

Juicing is perfect for health, but has anyone begun fermenting?? Remember how they had a pickle barrel in the old stores? It was a fermented pickle, not vinegar processed. No canning involved. Fermented veggies and kefir are 2 things I'm now doing. I have 1/2 gallon jars and just chop up cabbage, cucumber, carrot, jalapeno, celery and leave in the pantry on the shelf for a couple weeks to ferment. I burp them once a day to prevent them from oozing all over. When I finish a jar of pickles there is a lot of juice left so I drink it to get all the enzymes from it.

At 7 years old I nearly died and the hospital had to irrigate my gut with antibiotics after I got infection from exploded appendix then they put antibiotics in an IV for a few days. My stomach has never been well. But since I've been fermenting and juicing I do feel better. Not so bloated and in pain.

I also sprout lentils and mung beans, aside from eating a bunch of them I dry them and grind them into a powder and make organic bread with them.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Guest Vegsushi

So here is my 5p ... Don't overload on fruit ... I think the rule is something like 1 fruit to 3/4 veg or do,etching like that and it's generally a green apple.

Try and take a natural protein powder. I generally buy powdered spirulina for 2 reasons 1. You can add it to your juices 2 you need to take about 12 pills to equal about the same amount you add in your juice. Spirulina is a type of algae it can taste a little fishy so add another half an apple if you don't like the taste.

If you really can't handle spirulina go for hemp protein with almond or coconut milk. I generally do one or the other. He,p protein tastes nutty.

I sometimes add chia seeds to my smoothie (milled).

Hope that helps somewhat :)

My fav juice is probably carrot orange and finger (great for winter)