JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Juicing with Fruits & Veg for 62 days

I've started to juice this month (June) and usually I would have about 4 liters of juice during the day at any given point that I would drink and 1 meal of solid food during around middle of the day and since going with this routine I've noticed an increase of energy and alertness from this. However, I am now planning to juice for 62 days starting July 1st right through August 31 without eating any solid food during this whole time.

In the last few of months I've been plagued by extreme work stress to the point I'm in zombie mode. And drinking a ton of fruits and vegetables has helped me a great deal and able to get the energy I need and snap out of this mode.

I'm hoping to see if any of you have juiced in the past or the present and what type of recipes you used or currently using.

Also any tips is greatly appreciated. This is my first time juice fasting this length of period of time.

I am planning to drink 6 to 8 liters of juice.

Anyways, your feedback is greatly appreciated on recipes. tx

I am using the mean gren drink kale , cucumber, lemon, ginger, celery,apple  I viewed the dvd fat sick and nearly dead, I am hoping it will help with

wieght lose and chronic fatigue syndrome, so far I am feeling better, but I have not done a fast with juice only.

You should watch that dvd it is on hulu I believe, he has a website reboot with joe .

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

Pineapple                        Kale                                                                                          Red   Apples

Lemon

Green apples

Ginger                               Lime

spinach                                                 Beet                        

carrot

Apples

Lemon

3 apples

These are four combos that I like.

Happy Juicing. 

Juicingt always makes me feel more energy.   Espescially the Kale and Spinach.

I like to juice celery. carrots &  kwii fruit when in season together.

beetroot, mint, celery & apples.

celery, parsley & apples.

watermelon & mint.

& to give it and added kick add some wheat grass powder. as well as LSA. which is  linseed. sesame, almonds ground up.

& flaxseeds ground up add a teaspoon to the juices & it gives that extra goodness effects.

Carl do you guys get the Boost Juice bars. I sometimes go to there menus read up what they make and do it myself

They add different kick start body boosting fuels. I also have bought Chia seeds. They are omega 3 and go great in the juice as well.

Just some added Ideas. So your body gets the boost you need.

Happy juicing. :drink:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I personally think that getting advice from a Doctor before dropping major food groups and solids from your diet is a good idea. Too much of one type of food group could over acid the system and dissolve/leach away your mineral store like acid rain does to soil. Also, when I had bad stomach ulcers in my teens I was warned not to just have a liquid diet for any long length of time or my stomach would get lazy and slack and struggle to digest properly without keeping it's motility/peristalsis going with some solids. Also, chewing food in the mouth first produces special saliva that is also part of the digestive process and should not be regularly bypassed unless you have a medical problem where the Doc has advised you to do this.

Juicing and raw food diets are good though and there's lot's of sensible diets and advice out there to encourage you with it without liquidizing/juicing everything all the time. I like Rawforbeauty's website for ideas and nutrition information (but not the Eastern philosophy/new-age psycho-twaddle sections just the diet advice).

Best wishes to anyone trying to improve their lifestyle and health in this stress-filled world that fills our shops with tempting junk to eat instead of food 'how God made it'.

I juiced for one week straight and felt really good.  All I did was juice, no solid food.  Now I juice just a bit.  I am planning on doing a juice fast again soon.

I felt weird for a few days, and I seriously craved food.  By Day 3 I was feeling really good.  Lots of energy, slept great, headaches stopped, just felt good.

My favorite recipe:

3 Kale Leaves

2 Carrots

2 Celery Sticks

2 Green Apples

1 Cucumber

Little lemon juice

Small, sliver of Ginger

Pears taste great juiced. SO pear, banana & kiwi fruit, or pear, celery and cucumber.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Pineapple                        Kale                                                                                          Red   Apples

Lemon

Green apples

carrot

Apples

Lemon

3 apples

Happy Juicing. 

I went shopping today, I will be trying some of these out. Thanks for your input Vernalee.

Lemon

Green apples

carrot

Apples

Lemon

3 apples

Happy Juicing. 

Meant to say Luana not Vernalee. First time quoting on this new board. hehe

I juiced for one week straight and felt really good.  All I did was juice, no solid food.  Now I juice just a bit.  I am planning on doing a juice fast again soon.

I felt weird for a few days, and I seriously craved food.  By Day 3 I was feeling really good.  Lots of energy, slept great, headaches stopped, just felt good.

My favorite recipe:

3 Kale Leaves

2 Carrots

2 Celery Sticks

2 Green Apples

1 Cucumber

Little lemon juice

Small, sliver of Ginger

I tried this one today, the taste was not bad. Thanks for your input.

I like to juice celery. carrots &  kwii fruit when in season together.

beetroot, mint, celery & apples.

celery, parsley & apples.

watermelon & mint.

& to give it and added kick add some wheat grass powder. as well as LSA. which is  linseed. sesame, almonds ground up.

& flaxseeds ground up add a teaspoon to the juices & it gives that extra goodness effects.

Carl do you guys get the Boost Juice bars. I sometimes go to there menus read up what they make and do it myself

They add different kick start body boosting fuels. I also have bought Chia seeds. They are omega 3 and go great in the juice as well.

Just some added Ideas. So your body gets the boost you need.

Happy juicing. :drink:

We do have juice bars in Vancouver, never looked at their menu's before to be honest. We have juice bars at gym clubs is where you find them in Vancouver.

Although, I do have to say I did see a menu on Fat, Sick and Nearly dead movie that I watched. I paused it and got some of the fruits and vegetables combinations. hehe

Happy Juicing Carl, have you noticed any results? They call that drink mean green or something like that, I need encouragement , I really have about 90lbs to lose.

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

That's a great place for recipes for juicing. I want to start and will when I finally get my work days reduced. This 7 on and 7 off is ruining my figure. 

post-556-0-59210200-1373120320.jpg

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Juiced for over 20 days.  Never felt better.  I noted 2 things when I juice. 1: The feeling of peace and calmness. 2.Time flew for me.

The concept of time wasn't as slow for some reason.   My mental capacity improved and so did my skin.  I had more energy than anyone at work which are so much younger than me.  I plan to do it again next month.  Jehovah made us in a way that we assimilate the enzymes and life force from plants.  Our body functions best from natural foods.  It is man's processed food that is sickening to the body.  No stomach problems here.  Now if you already have a medical condition,... I wouldn't recommend.  But I do recommend eating the way God has intended us to eat.  Eat more (or juice) of your veggies!

By the way, I am not vegetarian.  The american diet makes the meats more predominate in their diet.  Then breads and last...veggies. I have taken view of  the asian way of eating.  Predominately veggies first. Then grains (rice), and 'garnished' with some meat.   Didn't they have less medical problems until US introduced McDonald and other fast foods? :D

I am coming around to your way of thinking Chris THX

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in my car accident, I had my jaw broken in 2 places and had to have it wired shut for 6weeks. The first 3 wks were fine with juicing but after that I started losing muscle and you could see my thigh bone and the skin hanging down from it, it was gross. So please be careful in doing it for long periods of time without solids. I do have problems digesting meat now and other foods. I am constantly taking digestive enzymes to help my body digest. 

"Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" was shown on British TV this week. Excellent and motivating, but the guys did seek Doctor's advice and Phil was very overweight to start with. I agree with the above comment, you could get to a reasonable weight, but if you continue constant liquid fasting, you could start to waste muscle and bone density without certain food groups. Beans and seeds can only replace meat  proteins in the diet if they are eaten in certain combinations to get the complete protein/amino acid balance. After the weight is down to a healthier level then liquid fasts should only be for some days in the month. Jehovah gave us teeth and saliva for a purpose and didn't issue Adam and Eve with a juicer. Okinawans and Vilcabambans live on a big fruit/veg/grain, but small meat/milk protein diet and many lived to be healthy nonarians/ centenarians on it, but rarely 'juiced' a whole meal.

By all means have juice fasting for a week or 2, but here in UK the doctors advise having breaks with a good chew at a healthy meal to help the digestive process keep fit too.

I love the juiced Kale/apple/ginger/lemon/cucumber and or bell peppers or beets or celery combo's, especially on hot days when having a heavy cooked/fried meal feels wrong after you've eaten it. I also like real live fat free yoghurt with strawberries and bananas or apples as a smoothie when my tummy feels a bit rough in the morning, as I have had 40 years of frequent IBS that spoils my life somewhat and soluable rather than rough (grain shell) fibre helps it settle.

Now if you already have a medical condition,... I wouldn't recommend.  But I do recommend eating the way God has intended us to eat.

I am glad you survived the accident Horse. We hate these things to happen to our dear brothers.

Happy Juicing Carl, have you noticed any results? They call that drink mean green or something like that, I need encouragement , I really have about 90lbs to lose.

Sorry, somehow I didn't see your comment. As far as results go I have noticed big differences with my mental health, I'm able to think more clearer and not as tired and I sleep so much better, and my cognition motor skills are a lot better as well.

After careful consideration from a few recommendations made from people I know and this site, I've decided not to juice 100% for 60 days as I realized there were pros and cons to it and it was best to consult with a doctor and Nutritionist first.

here are a few things to consider when juicing. I copied from a book I read.

1. There is a possibility that a person’s blood sugar will spike up when drinking too much juice. This is due to the fact that fruits and vegetables contain natural occurring sugars. Hence, when juicing for weight loss, it is important to do it in moderation. If you have an existing issue with your blood sugar, make sure to consult your doctor before going through the juice diet.

2. Though juicing can help you to rapidly lose weight, you will easily regain weight once your body is re-introduce to solid food diet. However, if you will maintain a healthy diet after juicing, you will surely keep a healthy weight.

3.  People who suffer from heart diseases and diabetes may put their health at risk if they go through juicing. Nevertheless, some doctors recommend juicing to supplement the treatments for such disorders. If you have existing health issues, it is always advisable to consult your physician before going through any weight loss method.

4. Juice diets are usually low in calorie. Hence, if juicing is done improperly, there is a tendency that the body will suffer from calorie deficiency, which may lead to various health issues. Thus, it is important to make sure that you get the required complete calorie intake when juicing

5. Juicing to lose weight doesn’t address a lifestyle change for long-term weight loss plans such as engaging in fitness activities or exercises and making healthy food choices. However, you can always do juicing to supplement a healthy lifestyle

Unquote

As I said there are pros and cons with juicing as there are with other weight loss methods but the pros definitely outweigh the cons, and eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a much better choice than taking supplements and processed foods IMO. Eating right and exercise are two key components that work hand in hand, but juicing is definitely a good start to that goal. My suggestion is consult with your doctor/Nutritionist first before juicing as it will be a real game changer to your body. 

thx I try to be balanced in my eating I have a host of problems, but I have found that in juicing I can finally digest my nutrition thx again