JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Worlds Conifers Under Threat

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3941 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Friends, with all these current news events, should move us to do more in the ministry, whether we are handicapped, or not.  When I read these stories on what's going on in this world, it really makes the truth come alive and it builds up, that all of us, no matter where we are, it should build up our faith that all of Jehovah's words are coming true, as we are now in the "pangs of distress" and heading into the Greatest Tribulation man has ever seen and those who do not survive, will never see again, and at last Armagadden:

A third of world's conifers under threat of extinction study claims A third of the world's conifers, the biggest and longest-lived organisms on the planet, are at risk of extinction, with logging and disease the main threats, scientists claim.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/10154073/A-third-of-worlds-conifers-under-threat-of-extinction-study-claims.html

Edited by allabord4jah

Scotland, which I can see out of my kitchen window, is famous for it's hills full of stands of commercial conifers and large sections of their woodland is just plain dead because of fungal disease spreading so rapidly. Monoculture tree farming like this is so unnatural. The trees are so densely planted and our summers have been so wet that it was a fungal epidemic waiting to happen.

A sister here in my congregation has a dogwood tree, it has this grey/green tone to it.  I told her to get 2 or 3 bottles of Porixde and mix 1/2 of it with 1/2 water, go out after sun goes down and spray it.   She has not done so yet, but others have tried it and the fungus left.  That's a private home tree, Jehovah will have to unfungal the entire world!