JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nevada Shooting..

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3808 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1. News for 13 yr old boy shooting in america today
    1. Reuters ‎- 6 hours ago
      "A kid started getting mad and he pulled out a gun and shoots my friend, one of ... United States in recent years, including a shootinglast December at a Connecticut ... A 13-year-old eighth grader, Kyle Nucum, ...

S0 SAD,,, Man what is up with these 13 yr old kids. Shooting & starting fires etc.....
      Pardon me for sounding old fashion but. when I was 13 I was still to young to get a part time job or even be allowed to stay at home alone.
      Now 13yrs olds are out when they should be sleeping. This world is so upside down. :upsidedown: 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I feel sorry for all involved. It's strange though that the kids say the shooter was nice to everyone..Most of the time the child/teen shooters involved are described as troubled or leashing out..I wonder what made this kid snap? Whatever it was, I hope they find out and stop anyone else at that school from going down the same path..

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

That is crazy. Think this kid had multiple personalities and he'd been held in a hostage situation by his anger personality. Then his guilt personality  committed  suicide after pangs of  conscience.

Edited by Martin :-D

Cannot help but wonder whether the 13-year old was on some type of antidepressant medication.  Most, if not all, young folks committing mass murders and these type atrocities (including suicides) are under the influence of some type of antidepressant medication.  There have been numerous scientific studies that concluded a connection between violence, suicide, homicide, and antidepressants. 

Did anyone ever see the mi ie One Eight Seven with Samuel L Jackson? I remember it from the year I was baptized but just saw the name on the TV guide. It wa written by a teacher. It said something like one in ten (if I remember right) teachers are hit at school by students. This was 16 yrs ago do things have only gotten worse. 187 was a code for Homicide in LA and the teacher's books had been tagged with 187 written in them. He knew he was marked for death just for flunking a kid. It was a heartbreaking, violent and eye opening movie.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

A report on the T.V. news a girl student said, "This boy was nice, he would try to cheer you up if you were down.

He would buy you a snack if he could. He had been bullied by some students lately. It's just not like him to do that. "  She was visably upset, sitting next to an adult.

This was not an official police report, but an interviewed student.

I'm of the mind set that there's much more involved with our young. We have polluted foods-

http://www.panna.org/issues/food-agriculture/pesticides-on-food

The overwhelming majority of pesticides used on U.S. farms do not show up on our food. And yet,

• 93% of Americans tested by the CDC had metabolites of chlorpyrifos — a nuerotoxic insectide — in their urine. Banned from home use because of its risks to children, chlorpyrifos is part of a family of pesticides (organophosphates) linked to ADHD.
  • 99% of Americans tested positive for DDT degradants, even though DDT hasn't been used in the U.S. since 1972. Women who were exposed to DDT as girls are 5 times more likely to develop breast cancer.

How is it that these two pesticides are found in over 90% of Americans? Through the food we eat.

Then we have neglect on a huge scale, bullying in schools (or should I say in our social networking arena for children, sorry, my opinion of public school), parental neglect and last but not least of all the satanic influence all around.

I am also feeling shocked and numbed over the recent news stories of children going on shooting sprees. How easy it must be for satan to push our young to go to this extreme. And worse yet is to know we are not equipped to fix it. Only Jehovah has the power to stop it. All we can do is encourage and educate the remaining shocked children out there and their parents.

And PRAY. Bring on the Great War!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

And people wonder why I moved over to Farmer's Markets-

http://www.panna.org/issues/food-agriculture/pesticides-on-food

Kids & Organics

Children’s developing brains and bodies make them especially vulnerable to pesticide residues found on food. Pound for pound, they drink 2.5 times more water and eat 3-4 times more food. Studies have found that children with high pesticide exposures in the womb are at increased risk of being born with birth defects. They also face developmental delays and are more likely to suffer from ADHD and autism spectrum disorders.

Within days of switching to organic fruits & vegetables, many pesticides clear from children's bodies.

Fortunately, analysis has shown that within days of switching schoolchildren's diets from conventional to one with organic fruits and vegetables, many pesticide metabolites become undetectable in urine. According to The Organic Center, the most rigorous science tells us that organically grown produce is more nutritious than conventionally grown produce.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34