JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who Is Your Favorite News Outlet / Anchorperson?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3937 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF1gsmPysF4

After you watch this, you may change your selection...

Mother told us we'd have days like this...Awake series:

The World Since 1914 - starting with March 1987

Human Rule Weighed in the Balance - starting with August 1990

World Commerce - starting with January 1992

Religion’s Future in View of its Past - starting with January 1989

At the DC, the CO who delivered the last talk on Friday ("Believe Inspired Truth, Not Inspired Error") brought out that, under 'teachings of demons,' we could include what is put out by 'the media,' whether it is news, sports, dramas, etc.  He didn't distinguish between particular channels or name particular programmes or personalities.  I know for my part that I learned about 20 years ago that the news media usually only tells you the stories they want you to hear, and often leaves out things that don't jive with their point of view, i.e., they put their own 'spin' on it, so you never really get the whole truth.  They have really misled people down through the years.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

This year's DC is absolutely incredible.  I've already been with our Deaf friends (ASL) and I can hardly contain my excitement about going with the English friends next month.  Through the years, Mother has provides such timely protection.  Here are a couple of my favorites that I've really appreciated.  I always thinks of these points when I watch/read the news and other forms of media...

*** re chap. 32 p. 224 par. 7 God’s Anger Brought to a Finish ***

These “rivers and the fountains of the waters” picture the so-called fresh sources of guidance and wisdom accepted by this world, such as the political, economic, scientific, educational, social, and religious philosophies that guide human actions and decisions. Rather than look to Jehovah, the Fountain of life, for life-giving truth, men have ‘hewn out for themselves broken cisterns’ and drunk deeply of “the wisdom of this world [that] is foolishness with God.”

*** re chap. 32 p. 230 pars. 25-26 God’s Anger Brought to a Finish ***

During the Lord’s day, there has also been a disgusting froglike visitation, though from a different source. It consists of Satan’s “unclean inspired expressions,” clearly symbolizing propaganda designed to maneuver all human rulers, “kings,” into opposition to Jehovah God. Satan thus makes sure that they are not swayed by the pouring out of the bowls of God’s anger but are firmly on Satan’s side when “the war of the great day of God the Almighty” begins.

26 The propaganda comes from “the dragon” (Satan) and “the wild beast” (Satan’s earthly political setup), 

I understand that on Friday's Convention, there was a part about emailing stories, they could be news stories, or from ourselves, that we get from other dear friends.  Some of these stories, are not factual.  Some, even are not true.   I just put out a news story on the Islamic Terrorists attacking churchhes, priests, pastors and the "Christians" commenting on how they are being attacked.    Well we know this is true, because we have read it and perhaps even seen it with our own eyes, and the F&DS have published articles that mention how people would turn away from "Christiandom".   I love reading the news articls when they pretain to prophecy, but from now on, I have to make sure that they are right, because of lot of them spew out propaganda from the governments where they live in.   So, I have to check myself before I submit anything on here for you dear friends to read or go to the site and pull up the stories.    

That is soooo true!!!  That's why I watch/read news from so many different sources.  There is a big difference in how a story is covered depending on what news source you're reviewing, what country is reporting, etc.  Each source has an audience that they're speaking to and they tailor the information to that group.  Looking from a number of different angles give more than one side of an issue.

All of this reminds me of the "expressions inspired by demons" mentioned in the Revelation.  All the sources are influenced by the demons. It's amazing to see all the things that Jehovah has been teaching us about actually happening.  It's also such a loving protection against getting caught up in the frenzy of the latest story.