JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is anyone doing the Paleo Diet ?

My brother does paleo diet and combined with excersise works really well for him. I saw one of his paleo cookbooks and I was tempted to try it myself. There is either almond or coconut flour pancakes that looked really good along with a lot of other stuffs. It looks doable. I'd have to get my own cookbooks since he moved out now, but he said he had more energy and wasnt hingry.

I just started about 3 weeks ago.  I've lost 6 pounds and 4 inches off waist.  Got a couple more inches to go.

So far I haven't been too hungry.  Not craving anything except popcorn.   :popcorn:

But I seem to be leaning more to meat...probably should start making sure I'm including more veggies.

I bought the cookbook "Paleo Comfort Foods".  Oh my goodness...absolutely delicious.  Everything I'm made has been perfect.  And although most recipes don't call for salt...none is needed.  There is so much flavor.

No one I know around me is doing this...so just wanted to see what everyone on here thought.

So far, I am well pleased with it.  And it forces me to cook at home instead of eating out.  So I am loving it.

And like your brother, I do have more energy.  

If you start it, let me know how it's going...maybe we can share recipes.    :chef:

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

I just started about 3 weeks ago.  I've lost 6 pounds and 4 inches off waist.  Got a couple more inches to go.

That's excellent, Brenda!  I just wish I could give up pasta, bread, etc. 

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

Yes, you can use Almond Flour and Coconut Flour for most things.  Unfortunately, I also have a nut allergy...so I haven't tried those.  I'm hoping to in the future.  I'm hoping after a while...all my allergies/sensitivities will go away.  The only thing I have craved is PopCorn.  Not bread or sugar !!!  So far it's been pretty easy...as long as I plan ahead and have something made.  It's hard to eat out.  So far when I ate out...I just had a salad with no croutons, or cheese or dairy.  Just had oil/vinegar dressing.  I did add grilled shrimp...so still a good salad.  I'm hoping to stay on this for a while.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

• 2 years later...

Here's a recipe I regularly use and my family enjoy. They are great warm or cold used as a wrap or even in place of a hot dog bun.

Paleo & Gluten-Free Tortillas Recipe

Ingredients

2 eggs whisked

1 cup of full fat coconut milk (or you can use regular whole milk like I do or unsweetened almond milk)

1 tbs of olive oil

3/4 cup of tapioca flour

3 tbs of coconut flour

1/4 tsp sea salt

Instructions

In a mixing bowl, combine the above wet ingredients

In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients together (salt and flours)

Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and whisk until fully combined

Season your pan with olive oil (I use coconut oil)

Heat pan on medium to medium-low heat

Pour 1/3 cup of batter into center of pan to form about a 6" circle

Cook for 2-3 minutes until tortilla is lightly browned on the bottom

Flip and cook about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on the opposite side until browned

Place tortillas on a paper towel-lined plate

Makes about 6