JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I am vacationing in Virginia Beach, VA

After my District Convention this last weekend, we got up Monday morning and drive straight to Virginia Beach. If any brothers or sisters are in the area and would like to meet up, simply say so in a Reply here or send me a PM.

Day 1 = rain. It's supposed to clear up though. :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Sounds like fun. If you're into fishing. The rain brings them on.

I use to go in the rain and we my dad and I. Would catch a nice bucket full.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Enjoy your vacation Bob and family...brings to mind a trip I will never forget from New Jersey to N.C. in 1984.. We decided to take Rt.15 thru Delaware and MD. via the Chesapeak Bay Bridge tunnel after midnight .... it was snowing lightly and there were sea gulls flying back and forth in front of our van..it was beautiful! There were hardly any cars..we made our way thru Norfolk and Hampton around 2 am...a little scarey but we made it!post-2322-0-48735200-1375841439.jpeg

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

It was nice. I am back home now.

On the way I stopped at the White House since I had never seen it in person. The best part of being in the nations capital was getting out of there :P

The beach was fantastic, we took a Pirate Cruise more aimed at the children, but it was my first time on a boat on the ocean. The only obnoxious thing about the place is all these salespeople from Gold Key trying to sell you timeshares. I did a little research and determined that timeshares are of no interest at all.

On the way back, we took Skyline Drive starting from it's southernmost point.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On the way back, we took Skyline Drive starting from it's southernmost point.

Wow talking about bringing back memories!..I came into the truth in Spring Valley Cong.. D.C. was delivering lit.to a return visit downtown when M.L. King was shot..they told me..get out..there will be riots!..I was 22 then!..After marrying in 1970 in Charlottesville Vir..., moving to MD. and then back to the Shenandoah Valley in 1978 to serve in a little Cong. in Elkton, we lived in the campground in a 22' camper on a creek! The most memorable experience was working the mountain off the Drive and meeting the Morris Gang bank robbers..placed an evolution book with one!post-2322-0-16349300-1376263823_thumb.jp

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I've been on the skyline drive and saw the White House -@1990

Loved the Virginia mountains. Glad to see the sights in DC but also glad to leave. Crazy there. I was amazed at the city food trucks that pull up to dispense sandwiches to all the homeless people at lunch - just a few

Blocks from the White House. I'd never experienced anything like that before. Probably much worse now.