JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Florida man allegedly kills wife, posts confession, photo of body on Facebook

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3907 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Florida man allegedly kills wife, posts confession, photo of body on Facebook

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/09/us/florida-facebook-confession/index.html

{{ Changed subject line. Please use a descriptive subject line that is relevant to your topic. - Bob }}

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Changed subject line

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

"Medina self-published self-help books and maintained a website called EmotionalWriter.com. His books claim to be about "effective communication" and "marriage counseling tips," according to the website."

"Derek Medina is an emotional writer. His goal is to save people's lives thru his books he has published," the website says. "My goal is for you, the readers, to open up your eyes and change for the better."

So much for his advice...

Just to save ones from having to click the link to find out what this is about:

People confess to a lot of things on Facebook: their frustrations, bad habits, secret longings and new loves. A Florida man confessed to something much more sinister Thursday. He said he killed his wife.

Derek Medina, 31, posted a picture of her blood-stained body -- collapsed and contorted on the kitchen floor -- to his Facebook feed with a note.

"Im going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife love you guys miss you guys takecare Facebook people you will see me in the news."

Medina, who lives in South Miami, drove to see his family, to tell them what he did. Then he turned himself in to police, according to his arrest affidavit.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

That's extremely distrubing; but I think it's telling that he professed "ghosthunter" experience.  His contact with the supernatural if any could well have influenced him.  In any case, as someone said, this may have been a first but I fear it will not be the last. We do indeed live in a crazy world.