JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prince "flees from fornication" on The View

and look at our Bible reading for the week; even King Ma‧nas′seh.......

"He did on a grand scale what was bad in the eyes of Jehovah, to offend him."

even so,

"And he kept praying to Him, so that He let himself be entreated by him and He heard his request for favor and restored him to Jerusalem to his kingship; and Ma‧nas′seh came to know that Jehovah is the [true] God"

If Jehovah can find it in His heart to forgive one as bad as this king of Israel, a Prince can reasonably expect the same.....

what a wonderful way of applying this reading!! how practical and timely! thank you, tim! :readbible:

and i love the play on words!

If you wanna be a star in satans world, dont you think he wants something back from you?? Andrews grandmother ( what will I do with my life)

I do not understand how can we make a statement that he is a witness.

someone could explain that if there is a good reason why some of you say that he is a Jehovah's Witness..??

Why could Jehovah accept him?

He makes the statement in one of the videos posted above that he is one of Jehovah's Witnesses. He is identifying himself. I don't know what his standing is with Jehovah, but I heard a saying one time that you don't know how tall someone is until you know how the deep the hole is in which he stands. In other words, we don't know how far he has come from where he was. But Jehovah does.

I have watched him carefully since I heard that he was associating himself with us, and although he is still flamboyant and outspoken, he has certainly cleaned up a lot. Personally, although his music does not fit my taste, I am rooting for him, I hope he can continue developing spiritually and not be swept away with Satan's system. He was a "star" in that system before he learned about Jehovah, unlike some others who were raised around the Truth but were unable to make it their own.

And there was an interview and the question was "did you vote for Obama?" And Prince's answer was, that he didn't vote at all, the interviewer was quite shocked and asked why. Prince said because he's a JW and they don't vote. It's on youtube.

I also think that he does the best he can; maybe it's so much harder for him because all the world knows him.

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested to see this thread. When rumors first began circulating that he could be a Witness, I looked up the lyrics to the CD he was promoting at the time. While they had snippets of phrases someone with the truth would be familiar with, the entire message and tone of the lyrics/CD didn't convince me. I also saw the YouTube posting with the chemtrails, voting comment. My opinion is just that, only my opinion. If someone on national television asked me why I didn't vote, I would sure say more than "I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we've never voted." If there was a better opening for talking about God's Kingdom, I haven't seen it! I'm sure he still has to promote and do some things to keep his music heard by the powers that be, but with all the money he has made in the past, if a person really felt this was the truth and had the means, wouldn't it become the sole focus? I could be completely wrong here, just stating the feelings I have had when I see him or when I hear him say things like he is a Witness. I remember years ago seeing a photo of him in People magazine lying on his stomach with a New World Translation. Anyone could do that. It is between him and Jehovah and I truly hope he is a brother. My feelings stem from the principle spoken by Jesus, "by their fruits you will know them."

I wonder, was it ever reveiled if he is baptized? Maybe he is still studying and has to learn a lot.

As far as I know, he is a dedicated and baptized publisher. I've spoken with others over the internet who claim to go to the same congregation that he does.

Many brothers and sisters have a hard time seeing past his celebrity status though, and granted, he has quite the balancing act before him. I personally don't think he does all that bad though.

On some of those earlier albums, you can tell that he was just learning the truth then.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Thanks for that Bob. May I suggest we be cautious as to how we continue the discussion on someone who may be our brother.

I agree. Imagine him reading comments about him in here are elsewhere on the web. I'd rather him see we're a nice bunch :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Yes, we should not speak to much about this, they are just normal people (especially in Jehovah's point of view).

There is no particular glory to say """ "Name-of-a-famous-star" is a JW !! Whouhou !"""

It's good for them to have found the truth, but... you know... they are humans, like us :shifty: (yes, i love this cute smiley :shifty: )

Yes David

totally true...

but Prince becoming a witness and Michael Jacksons death...gave me and others with worldly families...a good opportunity to witness to ones who normally do not want to listen to anything you have to say...I am sure a few seeds were sown...