JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prince "flees from fornication" on The View

Someone sent this to me so I put it on YouTube. Prince makes a surprise visit to the set of The View, apparently just this last week or so. Sherri tells him something very inappropriate and he gets up and leaves immediately. The comment that came along with the video was that his reaction was very appropriate for a brother.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I did not know Prince is a Witness. How encouraging to hear his witness on stage in front of what was probably a very large audience. You go, Brother Prince! Agreed...Sheri should have known better. It would be good to see her turn around and come back to Jehovah.

• 5 weeks later...

this is part of an newspaper interview...from Prince or should I say brother Prince...

what interested me.....Flanked by minders, he goes up a garden path...could he do that...have minders on the ministry? :unsure:

"One of the world’s raunchiest rock stars, Prince is in his stacked heels and flamboyant suit strutting from house to house around an ordinary suburban estate.

Flanked by minders, he goes up a garden path, knocks on a door and politely asks the householder: “Would you like to talk about God?”

It’s an extraordinary image. You can only imagine the shock of a ­homeowner finding the superstar on their doorstep clutching a bible and delivering a message about the divine.

Can this really be the same man who shot to fame with outrageously explicit songs such as Sexy MF?

Prince admits his door-to-door missions as a Jehovah’s Witness raises eyebrows. “Sometimes people act surprised but mostly they’re really cool about it.

Sometimes he tries to escape his fame by going in disguise. He says: “My hair is capable of doing a lot of different things. I don’t always look like this.”

You only have to meet Prince for a few minutes to realise the extent to which God – rather than the colour purple – now influences how he lives.

Much of what he says, as well as his songwriting, revolves around his beliefs these days. Even the mysterious numbers he slots into his material are thought to be coded biblical references"....

mirror.co.uk

Non-free media use rationale - non-free logo for Prince (musician) Description This is a logo for Prince (musician). Prince (musician) Portion used The entire logo is used to convey the meaning intended and avoid tarnishing or misrepresenting the intended image. Low resolution? The logo is of a size and resolution sufficient to maintain the quality intended by the company or organization, without being unnecessarily high resolution. Purpose of use To display the product of Prince's name change from June 7, 1993 to May 13, 2000. Replaceable? Because it is a logo there is almost certainly no free equivalent. Any substitute that is not a derivative work would fail to convey the meaning intended, would tarnish or misrepresent its image, or would fail its purpose of identification or commentary. Other information According to this newspaper article, this symbol was copyrighted in 1991 as "Love Symbol #2"

23211=752-130px-Prince_logo.svg.png

and now I am not too sure !!!!

well he is looking over a world globe...but what is that around his neck?

I'm pretty confident he is still a Witness.

The thing around his neck is a symbol that he used to represent him for awhile, when he had a conflict with a record label over he was under contract with. For a time, he released music under another label, but was not allowed to use the name "Prince", so he used that symbol instead.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

If you wanna be a star in satans world, dont you think he wants something back from you?? Andrews grandmother ( what will I do with my life)

I do not understand how can we make a statement that he is a witness.

someone could explain that if there is a good reason why some of you say that he is a Jehovah's Witness..??

Why could Jehovah accept him?

the media portrays celebrities as they wish. we do not know how Prince is in his heart. if he says he's a witness, he's a witness. who are we to judge? based on the media's portrayal of him? that is sad to do so. i have tattoos from when i was in the world. i am now a proud servant of the Most High God Jehovah. and my past speaks volumes of badness. but that is not who i am today. we must show mercy because our Father is merciful.

I do not understand how can we make a statement that he is a witness.

someone could explain that if there is a good reason why some of you say that he is a Jehovah's Witness..??

Why could Jehovah accept him?

He studied.

He got baptized.

He is an active publisher.

Whether Jehovah accepts him or not, well... that's up to the Most High, just the same as whether any of us are acceptable to Him.

the media portrays celebrities as they wish. we do not know how Prince is in his heart. if he says he's a witness, he's a witness. who are we to judge? based on the media's portrayal of him? that is sad to do so. i have tattoos from when i was in the world. i am now a proud servant of the Most High God Jehovah. and my past speaks volumes of badness. but that is not who i am today. we must show mercy because our Father is merciful.

Nice comment, Dianne!

There is a brother in a neighboring congregation who left the truth for awhile, and is absolutely LOADED with tattoos, all over his arms and fingers and knuckles. He is an active publisher and when people draw attention to his hands when he is flipping to a Bible verse, he simply states that his hands reflect who he was then, and his being at their door reflects who he is now, furnishing proof that the Bible has the power to change anybody's life around.

Nice comment, Dianne!

There is a brother in a neighboring congregation who left the truth for awhile, and is absolutely LOADED with tattoos, all over his arms and fingers and knuckles. He is an active publisher and when people draw attention to his hands when he is flipping to a Bible verse, he simply states that his hands reflect who he was then, and his being at their door reflects who he is now, furnishing proof that the Bible has the power to change anybody's life around.

awww, that is great to hear, bob!!! my son is loaded too and i imagine and pray that someday he will also come to serve Jehovah! we with ink wear long sleeves all the time..........even when it is hot. but we do it because we love Jehovah! and yes, if we can come into the truth, anybody can! even Prince!

and look at our Bible reading for the week; even King Ma‧nas′seh.......

"He did on a grand scale what was bad in the eyes of Jehovah, to offend him."

even so,

"And he kept praying to Him, so that He let himself be entreated by him and He heard his request for favor and restored him to Jerusalem to his kingship; and Ma‧nas′seh came to know that Jehovah is the [true] God"

If Jehovah can find it in His heart to forgive one as bad as this king of Israel, a Prince can reasonably expect the same.....