JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Transforming People, One at a time.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4040 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is a beautiful experience of a brother, so encouraging, ( I hope its not already posted but if so. forgive me please)

Transforming Lives, One Prisoner at a Time.htm

Here is part of the story, I reckon kind of a true love story too, His fiance had to wait 3 more years before they finally get married, She deserves a medal.Lols.

Three months later, Miguel began to share his beliefs with other prisoners. The following year, he was released and got baptized as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. He also planned to get married, but then a problem arose. A month before the wedding, a court sentenced Miguel to a further ten years in prison as a result of several pending cases. Nevertheless, after three and a half years, he was released because of good behavior. Finally, the marriage took place. Miguel has never returned to a life of crime.

at our recent DC> a few experiences from friends I had known since forever. I knew they studied. & I would always talk with them after the meeting etc.
Both of them had served time in prison. 
It is truly amazing & mind blowing how God's word can be so powerful.
Has any know friends who have had to go to Prison. then found the truth?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Several years ago when I lived in Kentucky, there was a prison in Ashland, close by.

There was a man in there who committed a bank robbery.  He learned the truth in prison, later was in my congregation and he and his wife were Special Pioneers.  They moved.  Later my husband and I ran into them at a mall in Cincinnati, Ohio...and he was a substitute CO.  That's been at least l5 years ago.  Don't know where he's at now.  

Jehovah's Word can surely transform us into the person He wants us to be.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12