JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Married 28 years and counting (to ten)

This Saturday, the 19th we will be married 28 years!  Thank you Jehovah for allowing me to put you first and not myself and for teaching me that your ways are higher and righter than mine.  I was just about to get a divorce when I started to study.  I still think about it from time to time when I am weak and wanting a quick solution. I see so many of my sisters struggling with a marriage partner that is "in the truth".  I see that we all have so much to continue to bear and I hope and pray for all our brotherhood the world over that we can continue to bear up under pressure.  I pray that you be with them in coming to the right decision and hope they make the safe one that will continue to protect with spiritually.  I think it was Jerry's wife that said Jehovah created marriage when two people were perfect. LOL.  I will remember that always Jerry and Debbie.  It has given me a needed chuckle from time to time. But when I think about the heartache I still can not believe that it has flown by in the wink of an eye.  When I do things for my husband (like keep my mouth shut and say something kind when I am thinking something else) I pretend that it is you Jehovah who is standing there and this is what I would say to you.  It has kept me out of hot water many times.  And when I have prayed that you help me to not say cruel things to get even then I open my mouth to scream and NO words come out---that yet again you have answered my prayers!  This 28 years anniversary is all on the account of Jehovah!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Dear sister Leslie, I'm sure Jehovah will continue to give you the strength to do your part to make your marriage work. Your fine conduct will have a good effect on your husband and as a result, he may come to love Jehovah also. Keep up the good work, we all have a lot to do to be approves by Jah and deserving of life in the new world.

We'll both work at it together Leslie. We need to keep on encouraging each other so we don't fall down. That's what Jehovah expects of us so we try and try and try. Happy Anniversary girl.

post-556-0-13722500-1381961468.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Congratulations Leslie!!!!!!

Marriage is hard, even for the witnesses.

Hang in there and remember you are doing the right thing and Jehovah will bless you for it.  I hope one day your husband comes into the truth.

Have a nice anniversary.

Saturday started off and running at 12noon. Rick had told two local Pet Rescues that they could use are facilities to host a fund raiser for their pet rescues. They had a petting zoo, face painting for, costume contest for kids, and exoctic animal display and a salsa contest. It was very busy which made him happy because we have been very slow for a few months now. At 9pm we had a fantastic blues and rock band play--Harley Hamm and Bronko Carr. I had to help Rick tend bar which I don't mind if we are not busy but when you have live and loud music I get very intimidated when customers are lined up two and three deep all around the bar shouting drink orders at you which you can not hear over the music. Anyway I noticed Rick was not behind the bar to back me up so I guessed he had gone to get more ice from the back. But he was not back in what a thought was a reasonable amount of time so I began to get panic-stricken and think bad thoughts about him. Instead, he did the most incrediably romantic gesture. He use to sing in a band when he was in high school and shortly afterwards until his alcoholism took control of his life. I never heard him sing even though I always would flatter him and ask. BUT NO. NEVER EVER. NOT ONCE. I had encouraged him numerous times thinking it would help with his depression and since he had a builtin venue with the bar he should try it. BUT NO. He said it brought back feelings of a life style that he no longer had and feelings resurfaced that were painful. Ok. Don't do it then. But Saturday night, when I was angry, and sweating, and dropping glasses that were breaking at my feet and the crowd was closing in on me with their constant requests for drinks I had never heard of and no time to look them up this really warm, sweet voice- with a slight tremble came over the speaker system and everyone at the bar turned toward the stage and then I noticed Harley was separating the crowd of people where I had a clear shot at the stage and there was Rick --looking at me and starting to sing this song. His voice became stronger, and throaty and he began to belt out the words with all he had. It felt magical. The tears sprang to my eyes then started to roll uncontrollably. He did it. For me. I knew that it took everything he had to get up there without being drunk and sing with all eyes on him. He did a great job! I'll never forget it. Afterwards Harley took back the mic and Rick came back behind the bar and laid a kiss on me like, well, like he meant it. Plus he even let me go home at 2am and he cleaned the bar! What a man!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=brooks+and+dunn+aint+nothing+about+you+you+tube&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=EDEEBB01E76451C62C0BEDEEBB01E76451C62C0B

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!