JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dr. Arjun Srinivasan: We’ve Reached “The End of Antibiotics, Period”

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3839 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have a very beautiful , docile 160 # American Bull Dog. He comes to bed like clockwork and rests his massive head on the side of my bed when he is ready for beddy-by! I have to go around behind him and lift one huge paw and place it on the bed then reach under him wrapping one arm over the top of his back and going under his stomach and taking my other arm and placing it between his legs and reaching up to grab my other hand. Sort of like when you interlock your fingers together to give someone a boost up. Well sometimes I get his little nut-a-roonies caught or pinched and he yelps like the baby he is. This dog is going to break my back but I can not get him up any other way.

I know. Why do you let him sleep with you? Because we is a wonderful companion and if you saw his big sad eyes and hanging jowls you could not resist either. I should have a set of stairs built for him because he is way to big for the ones I have seen online.

Dogs are awesome friends and family members aren't they?

They are indeed, one of many gifts from a loving father.

That's beautiful shep by the way...

Here's a picture of mine - he passed away couple of years ago - the summer this picture was taken at 15yrs -- 145 lbs - he lived a long happy life.

c7Kyf.jpg

They crawl into our hearts, and we enjoy them, but for a time. That is the price we pay for such companionship. And they do not worry about dying. They just trust us until we have to honor that trust.

This one, by the way, she is obviously long haired, and she could be any thing a dog could be. A smart, wonderful dog. I just want to hug her, and I do! Looked at her papers, after the fact, and she comes from one of Rin Tin Tin's line. She is fortunate. We got her in Sacramento, the city, and brought her to the mountains. To a family that treats them as family. She has two pack members, and and honored elderly companion, Tuffy, whom she watches out for. He is our retired bear dog, and one of our all time favorites. An out and out mutt. In his last phase of his life.

Over the thirty years we have lived here, We have buried so many dogs and cats on this hill. Even a pair of love birds a co worker left in a hot car. Miss Kitty, our last German Shepherd was the saddest. They die young. Hip dysphasia. We are trying to watch their weight, and not let them jump. Never mind the cat with congestive heart failure. A rescue cat. Meds, twice a day. But he is so.much better.

What was your dogs name, and do you have one today?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I was able to take advantage of it by virtue of having read a lot of things going on in the world that effect people. yeah, it's long and boring article I agree but I can't tell you how many times I've used articles to keep a conversation going or start conversations at the door that open the way for me to plant the seed of truth. .

It also serves as a reminder that we are in, what the society calls, the "Twilight of this system of things". The very end of this system of things. Being aware of things happening around us also can be uplifting, seems counterintuitive but looking at things, problems that we know the system or those in it, can not solve strengthens resolve, faith etc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Being informed on current events is worthwhile. I feel it might help the householder to appreciate that we aren't living in our own religious bubble. In fact, when I get to converse at the door, I like to mention that we all have jobs. We earn a living and give our time freely to share the Bible's solution.

They crawl into our hearts, and we enjoy them, but for a time. That is the price we pay for such companionship. And they do not worry about dying. They just trust us until we have to honor that trust.

This one, by the way, she is obviously long haired, and she could be any thing a dog could be. A smart, wonderful dog. I just want to hug her, and I do! Looked at her papers, after the fact, and she comes from one of Rin Tin Tin's line. She is fortunate. We got her in Sacramento, the city, and brought her to the mountains. To a family that treats them as family. She has two pack members, and and honored elderly companion, Tuffy, whom she watches out for. He is our retired bear dog, and one of our all time favorites. An out and out mutt. In his last phase of his life.

Over the thirty years we have lived here, We have buried so many dogs and cats on this hill. Even a pair of love birds a co worker left in a hot car. Miss Kitty, our last German Shepherd was the saddest. They die young. Hip dysphasia. We are trying to watch their weight, and not let them jump. Never mind the cat with congestive heart failure. A rescue cat. Meds, twice a day. But he is so.much better.

What was your dogs name, and do you have one today?

His name was Blitz - no more animals right now (even sold my horses) , I'll wait. I've taken two big hits (my wife and blitz) in 2 years - that's enough I can't take anymore.

I was able to take advantage of it by virtue of having read a lot of things going on in the world that effect people. yeah, it's long and boring article I agree but I can't tell you how many times I've used articles to keep a conversation going or start conversations at the door that open the way for me to plant the seed of truth. .

It also serves as a reminder that we are in, what the society calls, the "Twilight of this system of things". The very end of this system of things. Being aware of things happening around us also can be uplifting, seems counterintuitive but looking at things, problems that we know the system or those in it, can not solve strengthens resolve, faith etc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Being informed on current events is worthwhile. I feel it might help the householder to appreciate that we aren't living in our own religious bubble. In fact, when I get to converse at the door, I like to mention that we all have jobs. We earn a living and give our time freely to share the Bible's solution.

So true! Many people think we are a cult or at least detached from reality and it adds a touch of humanism to the conversation - were just like them, jobs, bills, kids, mortgages etc... I'm sure because of that people also tell you they appreciate what you do.

Thanks Chris for the post.  Very interesting article.

And hey, you don't have to defend yourself for posting an article!!!!

I'm sure every one of us here could spend less time on the forum, the internet, tv, and do more theocratic things.

This phrase did not ring a bell for me so I looked it up. It's been used twice, once in a 2012 Watchtower, and once in the 1988 Revelation Book. Interesting :)

Not that this comment adds anything to the discussion, but it's funny what little things you might come across on the forum that will prompt you to do some extra research.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

And hey, you don't have to defend yourself for posting an article!!!!

Of course not. The only thing we ask is that since forums are based on topics for discussion, the reason why you want to discuss the article should be made clear. This helps keep the discussion board.... a discussion board, and not a silly share-for-no-clear-reason spammy social network like Facebook :)

I'm sure every one of us here could spend less time on the forum, the internet, tv, and do more theocratic things.

^ true that!

Although, often times I get so buried in theocratic things locally that I miss being able to come to the forum as often as I would like. But that's okay, because it's good to be "always having plenty to do in the work of the Lord” (1 Corinthians 15:58).

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Let me explain why I even posted this and why I post other secular subjects so much. Out in service the other day and a woman we were talking to started bringing up subjects on mankind being able to save themselves (with medical science) from the evils of disease etc, I was able to recommend an article and tell her a little about what science said on the subject. She started thinking realistically again and mentioned "it's too scary to NOT believe in science because there is no one else that can save us."

I was waiting for the opportunity to point out there actually was someone and she gave it to me. I was able to take advantage of it by virtue of having read a lot of things going on in the world that effect people. yeah, it's long and boring article I agree but I can't tell you how many times I've used articles to keep a conversation going or start conversations at the door that open the way for me to plant the seed of truth.  Be all things to all people...  

This makes me think about the Service Meeting part this week titled "Highlight the Practical Value of the Good News". Part of the assignment is to demonstrate how the Bible Teach book might be presented using a topic of local concern. This would be difficult to do if you are kind of in the dark as to what is going on in the world today. It's good to at least have a general idea of what is being said in secular news and current events as these things are often on the mind and heart of our householders.

Sometimes I separate myself from the news, talk radio, and other outlets (I am not a TV person) and go weeks just listening to theocratic material while driving and at work, then eventually find myself in a group of people who are talking about something big in the news and I haven't the slightest idea what is going on.

This phrase did not ring a bell for me so I looked it up. It's been used twice, once in a 2012 Watchtower, and once in the 1988 Revelation Book. Interesting :)

Not that this comment adds anything to the discussion, but it's funny what little things you might come across on the forum that will prompt you to do some extra research.

Yes, actually I found it in the more recent daily text for Sunday, October 13, 2013 (which is where I saw it and looked it up in the watchtower as you pointed out. w12 2/15 1:17 -

I saw it was it made me curious. Wondered how many others picked it up.

Edited by Jordan

This makes me think about the Service Meeting part this week titled "Highlight the Practical Value of the Good News". Part of the assignment is to demonstrate how the Bible Teach book might be presented using a topic of local concern. This would be difficult to do if you are kind of in the dark as to what is going on in the world today. It's good to at least have a general idea of what is being said in secular news and current events as these things are often on the mind and heart of our householders.

Sometimes I separate myself from the news, talk radio, and other outlets (I am not a TV person) and go weeks just listening to theocratic material while driving and at work, then eventually find myself in a group of people who are talking about something big in the news and I haven't the slightest idea what is going on.

I hear ya. I'm unfortunately stuck seeing more (news) then I want to, for the time being anyway. It's so relaxing and encouraging to listen to theocratic material - I enjoy that also. And really the news and current events are not going to do you any good unless you have a good theocratic foundation. So that is most important.

I hear ya. I'm unfortunately stuck seeing more (news) then I want to, for the time being anyway. It's so relaxing and encouraging to listen to theocratic material - I enjoy that also. And really the news and current events are not going to do you any good unless you have a good theocratic foundation. So that is most important.

Interestingly, right before I returned to the truth, I was working a slacker job as a 3rd shift gas station attendant. After the late night college rush to purchase alcohol ended, I had to stock the coolers and shelves and mop the floor, and then there was nothing to do for hours. I would read EVERY single paper (they got delivered really early in the morning), USA Today, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Akron Beacon Journal, and a local one. I think this constant exposure to how sick the world really was aided me in rekindling my interest in spiritual things.

So, current events can definitely be a catalyst to good conversation in the ministry :)

I will try to contain myself on this topic. I am a bacteria loving fanatic.

People don't realize that we ARE bacteria. It is all over us and in us. When they first created penicillian it did wonders, but it has a price along with it. When you take antibiotics or use hand sanitizer or use anti-bacterial soaps etc., you effectively kill ALL bacteria. We need bacteria to stay alive so in killing the good along with the bad we are compromising our natural immune system thus leaving us open for more virulent strains of infections/diseases.

Let me give you 2 examples, I make Kvass, a Ukranian super tonic made with beets, ginger and oranges (there are different things to add to the beets but this one I like). I let it ferment for 6 days. Strain and drink the ferment. It feeds the gut and cleanses the liver thus the skin. My daughter has had eczema and psorisis all her life. Sugar and antibiotics make it go crazy out of control. She drinks the Kvass and her skin clears. My husband got athlete's foot recently. He did tubes of medicine, sprays etc, finally he showed me and asked what he should do. I had a ferment of cabbage/carrot and some cucumber, it fermented about 12 days before I put it into the fridg. He sat down and I put some ferment juice on a paper towel and put it on his toes. By the second day it was no longer red or itchy and well on it's way to being healed.

All the creams and antibacterial stuff didn't work.  Using the foods with the 'good' bacteria killed the bad and kept good health in tact. Fermenting and healthy bacteria has been part of life since the beginning of time. Mankind messes with Jehovah's perfect system and we all pay the price.

Here is tutorial, I'm not promoting anyone's ideas on fermenting. I just know where I go to find good information and this is just one place I found.    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiigsFnNDuQ

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34