JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3829 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

From the UK to France, Wales & Ireland

are experiencing a bad storm. 

Just heard it on our news,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-24684526

storm2-w--620x349.jpg

Nearly 300,000 homes have been left without power in Britain and France, and trains and planes cancelled as a fierce storm battered the region, leaving at least two people dead.

A 17-year-old girl died after a tree fell on to the static caravan where she was sleeping in Hever,southeast England, and a man in his 50s died when a tree fell on his car in Watford, north of London, police said.

The rough conditions at sea forced rescuers to suspend the search for a 14-year-old boy who was washed out to sea from a beach in East Sussex on England's south coast on Sunday.

More than 450 people were stranded for several hours on two ferries outside the port of Dover after it was closed to sea traffic, as huge waves lashed the coastline on both sides of the Channel.

Advertisement

Winds reached 99 miles per hour (159 kilometres per hour) on the Isle of Wight off the southern English coast, according to Britain's Met Office national weather centre.

Heavy rain and winds of 80 mph elsewhere brought down hundreds of trees, while a crane fell onto the roof of a government building in central London. Police said nobody was hurt in that incident.

The Energy Networks Association, an industry body, said 220,000 homes across Britain were without power, as electricity lines were knocked down across the country.

Two dead, one missing as storm lashes UK.htm

To any of our friends in these areas. Please take care, May Jehovah be with you.

agape

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

We escaped relatively well, but three houses about 2 miles from me, in Hounslow town, collapsed after a falling tree damaged a gas main. There was an explosion and 2 were killed.  More people were found and rescued and several escaped harm!

We were in Central London today with family and it was ok, except for some heavy cloudbursts.  We went on the London Eye and felt it sway a little in the wind!

I even got a text from a brother and sister in Slovakia asking if we were OK because they had read about the storm!

Edited by bohemian

Christopher I am glad to hear from you.

Its amazing how wild weather can get.

Keep safe.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I was out with a sister in my hall today, she is from Sweden and she said her sister called while we were out and said that Sweden's coast was experiencing high winds in the area and that it had knocked out some power for homes located near the coast.    Please be safe our beloved friends in England, keep us in formed, the storm looks fierce on our side and these are just pictures!  

Edited by allabord4jah

This storm also  hit Denmark. Where I live it startet about 1300hour. It must have picked up speed over the Northsee because it is rapported vindspeeds at 200km pr. hour in the news. In my congregation is there not rapported any accidents and I have not heard about any in other congregations and THAT I am very happy for.