JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vatican, Oxford put ancient manuscripts online

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3787 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

December 3, 2013 12:10 PM ET

VATICAN CITY (AP) - Access to the Gutenberg Bible and other ancient manuscripts has just gotten easier.

The Vatican Library and Oxford University's Bodleian Library put the first of 1.5 million pages of their precious manuscripts online Tuesday, bringing their collections to a global audience for the first time.

Source

view the two Glutenberg Bibles HERE

click on Browse at top of page

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

The one I'm waiting for is the vat. 409 1209, the oldest complete manuscript of the Greek Scriptures. Oldest that is, that we know about. Who knows what is hidden.

Sorry or the error 409 is a household cleanser.  :lol:

Edited by lynn

typo

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I'm a guest and an unregistered visitor. How can that be I've been here for a long time.

You need to log in. I just made changes to the pages so that your logged in status will be more clear. I've also accredited these posts back to you.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!