JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Each to their own !

Strange topic I guess but do you have any habit that maybe classed as strange ??

Me ? Each night I put my hair in two plaits to stop it knotting when I sleep. ...

Also I am neurotic about plugging out appliances, I also hate to see sockets switched on when nothing is actually plugged in

.....please tell me I am not alone in my strangeness :-D

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I think it might be a little OCD creeping out Annie. I used to do my little rituals every day, but for some reason they've stopped. My Brother i n law goes around the house unplugging things before he goes to bed. He makes the rounds 3 times before he in convinced that he didn't miss one.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Strange topic I guess but do you have any habit that maybe classed as strange ??

Me ? Each night I put my hair in two plaits to stop it knotting when I sleep. ...

Also I am neurotic about plugging out appliances, I also hate to see sockets switched on when nothing is actually plugged in

.....please tell me I am not alone in my strangeness :-D

You are soo not alone. I wear my hair up in a "quail bobbin" as my husband calls it! Sure better than "eating" your hair all night then loosing 1/2 of it in the brush in the morning. I also unplug things not in use. Just being plugged in uses energy. As far as sockets switched on we don't have that issue here. I was a bit confused by it. Do you have to turn on your plug in sockets before you can use them?

My strangeness isn't so strange to me but my husband says I'm weird, I turn everything off and the heat down to save money. At night we will have more heat in the room where we are sitting but if he goes to turn the heat on in the bedroom 2 hours before going to bed I cringe at the waste. We have heated floors but I turn mine off. He will be stubborn and sit in his shorts and tee shirt at night and complain about being cold. Sweatshirt and sweats and slippers man!! In his defense it has been cold lately (11 Fahrenheit) and even with the heat turned up it's still super cold in here. Puppies have sweaters on. I think it's just me, I hate to spend money on something I'll never see a return on.

So sis, you're not odd, we all are! I love to hear about others' weirdness, good subject to bring up. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Grumpy turns the heat down and at night I like it down to 65 or less. He also turns the hot water heater off until it is time to take a shower or a bath. That aggravates me because I like to have hot water when I want it. But he will sit in front of the TV for 2 or 3 hrs sleeping with it on and if I turn it off he wakes up an says I was watching that. To me that's a bigger waste.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

It's a terrible waste to turn off the water heater, unless you have a 10 gallon heater, because it has to heat up from cold to hot. Maybe think about a tankless, instant hot water. We have it here in this house and I'll never go back to a tank. It only heats what you use and doesn't store and keep warm any water. VERY effecient.

I'm not sure if the house is even up to 65 right now. It's so so cold out there and the house is so big it's just hard to get it warm. Supposed to warm up to 39-45 degrees in the next few days and I'm looking forward to it. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

We don't have any heat at night time, we light the wood burning stove on the evening then let it go out over night. It's 9c during the day here and 2c at night.

Yes I have to plug things in and then turn it on at the wall. Our water is also on all the time we have a choice to heat either a sink full or enough for a bath I agree to heat from cold is expensive and if the tank is well insulated then its cheaper to leave it on.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I have a specific order to do things in. My night time "ritual" is get in into jammies, wash face, brush teeth, moisturize face, use washroom, put on lip balm and hand cream (shea butter). No matter how badly I"have to "go", steps one through four MUST be completed (good thing I am often already in my jammies way before bed time :D ).

• 2 weeks later...

Bill can't sleep with any kind of electric lights on, so everything is unplugged or lights are covered when he is ready to go to bed which is like 8pm on all non meeting nights. He gets up early. 

Me, I can't sleep on my hair at night and have to pull it up over the pillow so my neck touches the pillow, I just can't stand the feeling of laying on my hair. 

Bill has to make sure every cover and blanket is straight before bedtime and if I need to roll over I have to make sure the covers are off me or he complains of me dragging the covers to my side. I usually can't sleep at night so I put the laptop under the covers, but Bill seems to always wake up from the light even though I put the light on the lowest setting. 

Bill is all about energy efficient we just got our electric bill which was $151, we haven't been over a hundred in so long, so now Bill is in commando over the electric. I just sit back and watch, not really much I can do. haha

We do heat with wood. We tried the on demand water heaters but since we are on well water which is really cold the on demand don't work at all. So we sold them on dial a trade and got a hot water heater which Bill put up in the attic so that it would stay heated up there. I could go on but I won't. If it wasn't for me, we would probably be totally off the grid and we do have all the original oil lamps to do it. Bill collects them. haha 

I have the habit of putting Bhut Jolokias in Bolognaise, chillis, currys, tagines, stir fries and anything else I feel like giving a bit of a kick to. Most people would consider some of these dishes unedible due to the intense heat. I love it though, supper hot chillis are now my only vice. My wife can handle them aswell which is great.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Bill can't sleep with any kind of electric lights on, so everything is unplugged or lights are covered when he is ready to go to bed which is like 8pm on all non meeting nights. He gets up early. 

Me, I can't sleep on my hair at night and have to pull it up over the pillow so my neck touches the pillow, I just can't stand the feeling of laying on my hair. 

Bill has to make sure every cover and blanket is straight before bedtime and if I need to roll over I have to make sure the covers are off me or he complains of me dragging the covers to my side. I usually can't sleep at night so I put the laptop under the covers, but Bill seems to always wake up from the light even though I put the light on the lowest setting. 

Bill is all about energy efficient we just got our electric bill which was $151, we haven't been over a hundred in so long, so now Bill is in commando over the electric. I just sit back and watch, not really much I can do. haha

We do heat with wood. We tried the on demand water heaters but since we are on well water which is really cold the on demand don't work at all. So we sold them on dial a trade and got a hot water heater which Bill put up in the attic so that it would stay heated up there. I could go on but I won't. If it wasn't for me, we would probably be totally off the grid and we do have all the original oil lamps to do it. Bill collects them. haha 

You and Bill sound like me and Grumpy, except I sleep in the little bedroom cause I can't stand any noise and he is a crazy noise machine. He is never quiet, even when he sleeps. He is all about having the lowest ele bill than anyone else we know, and turns everything off if he'snot using it. Except the TV, it is usually on and LOUD. Grumpys bedding is always straight and neat, even when he gets up in the morning. Mine looks like a tornado went through my bedroom. I sleep on the foot of the bed and then on the head of the bed and then back to the foot, the covers are usually on the floor when I wake up.

i used to ... and this is ocd i think have to unswitch and unplug everything before bed.. and check and check and check!

then i would come upstairs and after beng in the bathroom ... check the tap was off and again and again... putting my hand under the tap again and again to make sure there was no water coming out... then having one or more last checks as i left the room..... MAAAAAAAD!

think it stopped when i had my daughter and now

i could go to bed with everything switched on ... it wouldnt bother me .

Oh my goodness, I read these posts and get a kick out of seeing my family in everyone else!

My daughter and husband are the bed tornado's, couldn't keep a blanket straight to save their skin! Daughter has always had to re-make the bed every morning. UGH! It's funny, her husband is the same way so no disagreements.

I have one blanket I cover with, don't bother crawling under any covers anymore, and only move 2 or maybe 3 times a night. Obviously the man sleeps in his own space, such a relief to not fight over the differences in our habits.   

Oh, I've taken pictures because they don't believe me when I tell them how the are when they sleep! HA!