JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Black Irish

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3776 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, I'm part Irish. I have see or have seen many pictures of Irish people being totaly white. Yet, there are Irish people as having darker skin color. I found some refferance of this on this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people.

Like I said to others, Irish are not white, especailly when so called white people can births to blacks. It is all in the genetics. Yes, looks can be decieving. There is alot to learn about genetics. Regarding my Native Amrican background; a times I turn red and tannish too, plus I'm warm or hot blooded. Life is wonderful.

I have traced several of my lines back to Ireland. My Moore ancestors lived in County Limerick and came to Canada in the 1820s. My McCoubrey ancestors came from County Down around Downpatrick in the 1830s and settled in Euphemia Township in Lambton, Ontiario, Canada. Have you ever seen the movie "The Secret of Roan Inish"? It addresses the idea of the dark Irish in an interesting way.

Annie, are we talking genealogy? My daughter is trying to do research on our family. The Native American side. The government pretty well did it for us. But my fathers side. We have him being born in three different places, one from his social security application, one from a marriage license, and a different one from his death certificate. She is plodding along, trying to do the research. Me? I have some pertent questions when he is resurrected. He died when I was fourteen. We never met any one from his side of the family. My Mom died when I was three, so, well just interesting.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

My mother always told us that we had Native American in our genes, but when I did our ancestry, nope no indian. When I wa a kid, I always told my friends that Tonto was my Great Grandfather.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Annie, are we talking genealogy? My daughter is trying to do research on our family. The Native American side. The government pretty well did it for us. But my fathers side. We have him being born in three different places, one from his social security application, one from a marriage license, and a different one from his death certificate. She is plodding along, trying to do the research. Me? I have some pertent questions when he is resurrected. He died when I was fourteen. We never met any one from his side of the family. My Mom died when I was three, so, well just interesting.

On my Native American side, I think president Andrew Jackson did it for my familes back then. Indians was not to supoose to own land, yet my GGGG grandfather (who was an Native American) bought at least 900 acres of land in 1830 and 1831 in Clinton County, IN. This was exact time when Andrew Jackson was president and forcing the indians west side of Mississippi River. Hence that is when Trail of Tears came in. What is sad, there was a Trail of Death in 1838, and this was going on just north of my families were my familes live at. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potawatomi_Trail_of_Death

My mother always told us that we had Native American in our genes, but when I did our ancestry, nope no indian. When I wa a kid, I always told my friends that Tonto was my Great Grandfather.

LOL.. That is funny. I was out in field service the other day and a sister told me the samething. Next time I see her, I'm going make her to admit she is white.