JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

floodtastic! uk storms

so ... just been trying looking and hoping all day that the water isnt goin to come in the door... its rising allday.. weve just sandbagged the door... it hasnt rained for most of day but the fields around us are all sodden and theyre all emptying into the road outside. the cars are as far up the drive as possible to try to keep them working.

nothing life threatening here but it may get worse before it gets better.

anybody else flooding from uk storms last night?

Stuart,  three years ago we had flooding in Brisbane but from what I gather only one sister had her house flooded in our local area.   We live close to a river and another couple of inches and we would've been underwater too - as it was we were blocked in from both ends of our street.   So I can fully sympathise with how you are feeling.  I just tried to ensure that things were off the floor (specially my shoes - they were the first thing I chucked up on top of the wardrobe, what does that say about me?).   I was cranky with myself for not having my  emergency bag only half packed, and now its a little better - I've renewed the food, updated the necessary certificates etc, purchased camping gear etc. but procrastination is a close friend for some of us.   My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Stuart, as long as everyone is safe thats the main thing.