JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW's in Season 9 episode 13 of gray's anatomy

I was on a tv zapping today and just crossed with this episode of a series I don't follow. But because there was an injuried JW kid I stoped and whatched... The things I saw were so stupid that I'm still nervous with the thing! They even put 12 people in the hospital praying aloud! (but none of them was an elder or from the hospital committee)

Looking at how the chief doctor respected the will of the patient and admonished a nurse who tried to give blood when alone in the room, makes me wonder that they tried to give an honest picture but... Why not research a little? And of course the kid died and the way they put the family talking about it was better be was dead not carrying the blood than alive with the blood... Was just bad!

This kind of things just makes me mad and nervous... grrrrrrrrrr :@

Yes they didn't portray us as being '"clever".

I don't think anyone realises how clued up we are when it comes to blood until they see us in real life in a blood situation.

But I did like how they brought out the fact that it is everyone's right to choose and also that when the nurse argued that he could die without blood, the doctor reminded her the thousands get blood and die anyway.

I know what you mean. There is some ER show on tv. They ended up with a mother refusing blood for her minor child, in the ER room. No discussion of alternatives, period. Off to court. The court pushed it through, and the the mother told them, "thank you, I left it up to The Lord, and this was his decision" I am so glad they did not mention us by name. I wanted to puke.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I watch greys anatomy and that episode was insane. First the kid was injured skateboarding he had long hair didn't look like any of our kids. The women were dressed like those fundamentalist group people. Long denim skirts , long hair no makeup. They stood in a prayer circle and prayed outloud. Oh brother!

I watch greys anatomy and that episode was insane. First the kid was injured skateboarding he had long hair didn't look like any of our kids. The women were dressed like those fundamentalist group people. Long denim skirts , long hair no makeup. They stood in a prayer circle and prayed outloud. Oh brother!

And the friend who was skating with him didn't even know he was a JW...

Reminds me of an episode of House, JW boy "needs " blood, overbearing father refuses, mother meekly follows his decision. Of course House breaks the rules and gives the boy blood, saving his life. After, the mom thanks him!! I was so mad! They obviously didn't do any fact checking at all.