JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Want people to be nicer to you? STOP wearing deodorant

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3764 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Researchers are scraping the bottom of the barrel of things to experiment.  :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2528456/Want-people-nicer-STOP-wearing-deodrant-Bad-body-odour-makes-generous-supportive.html

Maybe I should forgo having a shower every day and people will be nicer to me.

Edited by Purple Triangle

Um, please, brother, take no stock in this research. please. I worked in a small clinic where a certain person would come in and about shut the place down. It was horrible. We would have to shut down an exam room that this individual was in. And we only had two exam rooms. We had no policy regarding personal hygiene. I waited until this one came in alone, and said, "I know you have access to soap and water. Out of respect for yourself, and other patients, and even the providers, would you please bathe before you come in next time?"

(I knew he had the means to bathe, he was my neighbor)

He was not impressed. But, how many men do you know with, uh, head lice in their unkempt beard? Unkempt, stink beard. He did not come back to our clinic. And that was just fine with me. I'd have to call him on whatever, and he would not speak to me for a month or two. But he got over it. He was mean, especially to his wife. Oh well. Off subject. As I said, please ignore conclusions drawn in this article.

Oh, then there was the time my husband picked up a woman, hitch hiking. A woman not too well aquatinted with soap and water. This is my husband who takes two baths a day. Not a pleasant incident for him. I just laugh. Serves him right for picking her up in the first place!

Ignore article!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I don't like using under arm stuff, have you ever noticed how hard it is to scrub it off?? I use olive oil with sage oil in it. Sage is antiseptic and antibacterial. But I did ask Norma for her recipe!  

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34