JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lands visiting YOUR International Convention

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3655 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We were invited to an International Assembly in NewJersey. Need to ask brothers where are the brothers coming from these are great ideas you brothers have given but the stadium holds over 75,000 brothers and sisters. Imagine we can't possibly make that many gifts. Please help us think of some things we could do for some of them .I would love to take them a little something. Waiting for your ideas. thank you friends. Sister from north Reading Spanish Congregation in Pa

Reading all of the excitement surrounding the International Conventions this year makes me happy for all of you brothers and sisters that are attending. It has always been my dream to attend one but I've never had the opportunity. My congregation was assigned to a regular convention in Tampa, Florida. At least I'll be able to enjoy the talks from the member of the Governing Body and his assistant to one of their committees through the live video tie in. I attend the Spanish congregation, btw. I felt like I should mention that, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to the international assembly in Indianapolis, Indiana the week of July 11 - 13. I know
there will be sessions in Polish. are there any others on this forum who are going to Indianapolis
and do you know whether there will be any other foreign countries represented. This is my first
international assembly to be in attendance of and I am so looking forward to it.

GStorrs46

My International is Landover, MD, August 1-3 week.  Who's going to be there?  My elders have no answers.  I plan on wearing linen's, something that Abraham and Sarah wore to keep cool, and a canopy tent over my head just in case the sun moves.  

good ??'s   ...   any answers?

good ??'s   ...   any answers?

Hi Tim, am going there, am not sure about the tents going up.  I don't recall seeing tents (canopys) in other International Conventions.  Mostly umbrella's, modest sizes not ones that can block out view from friends sitting behind.  Speaking of umbrella's, am going to Walmart next month to see their stock for the summer collection.  I hope the weather isn't so hot, I remember going to Robert F. Kennedy stadium back in the late 70's and early 80's, and it was hot on that field below the brothers set up a tent of clear plastic and had a air conditioner running cold air in the tent where the speakers spoke and many elderly ones who were seated in the 2nd lower levels passed out and wind up in the local Washington D.C., hospitals.   That's what I recalled from the 4 day District Conventions once held in the open stadium.   Its been 30 some years and I perhaps accommodations will be a little different.   I understand the the elderly and handicap will have a specific area at the Fed-X Stadium in August.   If the sun shines on me, its the umbrella and sun screen, lots of frozen water bottles in my medium size cooler, don't want to take unnecessary space.   

Hi Tim, am going there, am not sure about the tents going up.  I don't recall seeing tents (canopys) in other International Conventions.  Mostly umbrella's, modest sizes not ones that can block out view from friends sitting behind.  Speaking of umbrella's, am going to Walmart next month to see their stock for the summer collection.  I hope the weather isn't so hot, I remember going to Robert F. Kennedy stadium back in the late 70's and early 80's, and it was hot on that field below the brothers set up a tent of clear plastic and had a air conditioner running cold air in the tent where the speakers spoke and many elderly ones who were seated in the 2nd lower levels passed out and wind up in the local Washington D.C., hospitals.   That's what I recalled from the 4 day District Conventions once held in the open stadium.   Its been 30 some years and I perhaps accommodations will be a little different.   I understand the the elderly and handicap will have a specific area at the Fed-X Stadium in August.   If the sun shines on me, its the umbrella and sun screen, lots of frozen water bottles in my medium size cooler, don't want to take unnecessary space.   

When in August?

Hey Lisa, nice having you visit our Hall this month - still not sure if IC or RC to help another family, will know by next month. (don't forget August Tract campaign)

Edited by timpin

In Australia we were invited to apply to go a whole bunch of places...

We put London first on our application with Detroit second, we got the second choice. My wife wanted to go to London but unfortunately she died before we were approved. She probably would have been disappointed but I'm certainly not as Detroit was my idea.

We also had the choice of Munich, Hawaii and I don't remember the others. I know of a few other Australians who will be in Detroit, I know of some who will go to London and some going to Munich.

What really does sound exciting to me is the major campaign being planned for August.