JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian Officials Ban JW.OR

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3635 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Look at what is going on now in Crimea and Chec republic. I would not be surprised if Russia turns out to be the last king of the north. Its very interesting how many countries are coming out and condemning what Russia has done. I am trying not to speculate in this at all. Lets just say that I would not be surprised if this is the last step that Jehovah uses to turn the U.N. against religion.

Lets not for get its the U.N. that turns on her. Like wise the governments in turn. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Re: KOTN 11-15-13 (page 20 paragraph 16) 7 Shepherd, 8 Dukes - What they mean for us today. ... LESSONS FOR TODAY

16 The prophecy about seven shepherds and eight dukes has its major fulfillment in our day. The citizens of ancient Jerusalem were attacked by the Assyrians. In the near future, Jehovah’s apparently vulnerable people will come under attack from the modern-day “Assyrian,” whose intent will be to wipe them out. The Scriptures refer to that attack as well as the attack of ‘Gog of Magog,’ the attack of “the king of the north,” and the attack of “the kings of the earth.” (Ezek. 38:2, 10-13; Dan. 11:40, 44, 45; Rev. 17:14; 19:19) Do these represent separate attacks? Not necessarily. The Bible could be referring to the same attack under different names. What ‘secret weapon’ does Micah’s prophecy indicate Jehovah would raise up against that implacable foe—“the Assyrian”? A very unlikely one—“seven shepherds, yes, eight dukes”! (Mic. 5:5) The shepherds and dukes (or, “princes,” NEB) in this implausible army are the congregation elders. (1 Pet. 5:2) Today, Jehovah certainly has provided an abundance of spiritual men to shepherd his precious sheep, to strengthen his people for the future attack of the modern-day “Assyrian.”* Micah’s prophecy states that they will “shepherd the land of Assyria with the sword.” (Mic. 5:6) Yes, among ‘the weapons of their warfare,’ you will find “the sword of the spirit,” God’s Word.—2 Cor. 10:4; Eph. 6:17. ...

Familiar with the prophesies my friend. I was trying to show how russia may be the next and last king of the north. Things are shaping up that may lead to that happening. 

* Just trying to understand, Does that thought inside the quote above seem to indicate the possibility of something more than just A particular country? ~ "The Scriptures refer to that attack as well as the attack of ‘Gog of Magog,’ the attack of “the king of the north,” and the attack of “the kings of the earth.” ... Do these represent separate attacks? Not necessarily. The Bible could be referring to the same attack under different names." ... there was a discussion here awhile ago on that WT study article, it's still unclear to me.

Edited by timpin

Look at what is going on now in Crimea and Chec republic. I would not be surprised if Russia turns out to be the last king of the north. Its very interesting how many countries are coming out and condemning what Russia has done. I am trying not to speculate in this at all. Lets just say that I would not be surprised if this is the last step that Jehovah uses to turn the U.N. against religion.

Lets not for get its the U.N. that turns on her. Like wise the governments in turn. 

What is happening in the Czech Republic?  I was there just three weeks ago and nothing was happening.  Did you mean Ukraine? or have you heard something?

yes sorry brother Ukraine. Not Chech. My mistake. 

Yes those attacks could be the same as that article mentioned. The article your referring too didn't actually say IRC that they were all the same attack just that they could be from different points of view sort of. That's the impression i got from it. 

Still the identity of the King of the North is still an outstanding item that we are all curious about. It seams that that king may be the touch stone that starts that battle. 

Remember there is a disturbance in the king of the north and he will push against the king of the south and seam to win then the king of the south will push him back to his country side.