JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I did.  It has an okay taste.  The oil breaks down to a watery substance.  Twenty minutes is not long when you do it while bathing.  I don't know how anyone reads or meditates while doing this----the swishing is just so loud!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I have never heard of this before so I'm still scratching my head. But I have a question, can you use the sesame oil that you buy to cook with?

Looks like it's related to Hinduism??

I have not heard if its related to Hinduissm, I take a few months checking things out before comitting.

But I use the one for cooking. Suppose to be organic & pure but. I think oil is oil. If you are limited in budget. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to share this website with y'all. It's written by our sister - don't think she's on jwtalk tho. She has been oil-pulling for years and written a number of different blogs about it. She's currently also doing a giveaway for a free quart of coconut oil. 

http://raising6kids.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I first heard of this on earth clinic as well. I got some sesame oil and tried it but I gagged. Never tried it again. I read it was very good, but I am kinda scared to try it again. Maybe the oil was too strong...? I am not used to much oil in things. Coconut oil I use in smoothies but I don't like the flavor if not really mixed in with a bunch of stuff. I am "mostly" Raw Vegan now, but have been vegetarian for 28 years. Still, seldom use oils, but only organic ones when I do. I should try it again, it was interesting to see how many of you do this.

Since I don't cook meat...for 28 years, I can't say I ever tried the bacon grease mentioned earlier.

Okay, after work today I will make a stop at the store. Will a regular supermarket have it or will I need to go to a health store? Savemart, Von's, Walmart?

You probably got it in your kitchen cabinets already. Olive oil.?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

From what I have picked up here, the most palatable is coconut oil. The most effective is sesame seed oil. Olive oil might gag you if you don't use the right kind.

I have the idea that if you are going to drink it straight, go for the top shelf. Especially if you intend to make it a regular habit. I learned that Scotch tastes like cardboard when you buy cardboard. By extension religion will gag you if you settle for low quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Edited by palmhat