JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I have been practicing Oil Pulling daily since 2007 (7 years now) and can tell you that the practice of Oil Pulling has tightened my gums, whitened my teeth, helps with phlegm & sinus problems, helps with thrush, and gives an overall clean feeling in the mouth. 

I have tried all types of oil for oil pulling and found that unrefined sesame oil gives the best results. To start Oil Pulling, put a Tablespoon of Oil into your mouth and start swishing...See More
1601551_641345955925317_864343838_n.jpg

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I have heard of this method. My Dad does this. he says it works. I was surprised by My Dad as he usually hasn;t gone the healthy routine much over the years.

You could often hear him in the kitchen going for cookies. Now when I visit home. He has on the kitchen bench an array of different pure oils .& organic honey. Guess once he hit 70yrs he thought he start a fresh. I am blown away as he does look good for his age.

I have tried a little oil pulling. * does work.

Has anyone else done this therapy?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Wow Gabe, I didnt know it had another name I read about this years ago from Woman's World. I use organic Coconut Oil a tablespoon slightly warmed and I swish it in my mouth through my teeth back and forth all around for about a minute or so. When you expectorate you should see that it is grayish because it has released the bacteria in your system. Its supposed to ward off colds and flu but don't do it more than once a week because its cleasning/releasing action is so powerful. Your Dad may be onto something because people think I am twelve years younger than my real age...and of course I don't want to dispel any myths :uhhuh: Shari thanks for that site.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Not really Jewel. But when I am getting sick with a cold the oil becomes thick and yucky in my mouth. Then most times that's my cure! I swish for about 20 min.

What oil do you use? I might actually try this :P

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

@Jerry, you can use coconut oil ,sesame oil, I like coconut myself, I have done this off and on for awhile it helps my gums stop bleeding. Google oil-pulling you well find several websites, some have hard to believe results but I think for overall health it is good.

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

Jerry I like the coconut oil myself. It has a pleasant taste. & you also use it as a hair conditioner & good for dry skin, 

How about olive oil?

It depends on some olive oils. I have noticed the more Say the Virgin Oil it is the taste is stronger, If you go for say the lighter Virgin oils. they are more palatable.

I recently have bought infused Olive oils. they are awesome on salads & taste great. No nasty after taste. Like lemon, & lime oils. & Blood Orange Oils.

I went sampling oils when I took a trip down to S.A. In the MacClaren  Valley area's, & then discovered them in my Italian Market. 

Jerry do you have any places around you that allows you to sample the oils?

I have read about this in the past...and read that there is something in the Sesame Oil that is particularly beneficial for Oil Pulling.  So I would stick with that...but research different web sites and see what you think.  I'll try to search for that info...if I find it I'll post.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

OIL PULLING - THE HABIT THAT CAN TRANSFORM YOUR HEALTH

http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1/oil-pulling-the-habit-that-can-transform-your-health

The site talks about why Sesame Oil is the best...and what health benefits have been experienced.

Edited by Brenda

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I rarely miss a day doing this. Occ I will not do it at night if I get in at 2 or 3 am because I would rather sleep. On the nights I miss I have noticed I have the morning mouth but even if I do it for just 1 or 2 minutes it still works. So now I never miss at night.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I have never heard of this before so I'm still scratching my head. But I have a question, can you use the sesame oil that you buy to cook with?

Looks like it's related to Hinduism??

Edited by boodles